1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA League Pass Broadband Question

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MarioElie17, Sep 15, 2016.

1. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Could that be because of your internet speed and buffering?
    I watch live games through International NBA LP and sometimes read the game forums here at Clutchfans at the same time and there is definitely no delay.
    That's also the same with the live scores on NBA.com compared the to live game - it's always at most 10sec behind (unless I pause the game for some reason of course).

2. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Anyone else having issues watching games via the NBA app for smart TVs? It's not allowing me to change the calendar of games and is stuck in July (end of last season). Do they just not show the preseason games on the TV app? I can see the current calendar of games on the phone app.

3. valorita

valorita Member

Can u get league pass and share with a buddy?

4. abaker28

abaker28 Member

No. Whilst you can watch on multiple devices, you can't both at the same time.

5. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

Following up on my previous post...

Has anyone been able to purchase TV League Pass through ATT U-verse.

Last I've seen, ATT and NBA seem to be at an impasse in their negotiations on price. Starting to worry me somewhat, as we're now inside a week from season tip-off.

Just curious if anyone else knows anything.

6. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I downloaded the new PS4 NBA League Pass app and watched the Rockets-Mavericks game with it last night. Absolutely terrible experience. I have like 75mb internet and the thing was buffering nonstop. Literally buffered 40-50 times throughout the game. Couldn't even go a full segment without it.

Also, there is no way to rewind or watch from the beginning like you could on last year's app. So during the game you just have to watch live, there is no DVR option like there is in the web browser.

Another annoying thing is that only the Mavericks broadcast was available, even though I know the Root was televising the game. Hopefully that is just a preseason thing.

I hope they do some serious updating on that thing before the season starts because it is just an absolute travesty right now.

craguin likes this.
  7. Remlap

Remlap Member

I have NBA LP on Roku and so far, haven't been able to watch any preseason games.
    FRUSTRATING to say the least

8. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Preseason has never been available with LP Broadband.

But this is the Broadband thread.

I've never had too many technical issues. I've been an out of market user since they invented the platform as LP Audio , then LP broadband , then the 5 team package, and now Team choice.

9. tmac1ming11

tmac1ming11 Member

I called them yesterday and tried to buy it. They told me to call on 10/25 and they would be able to add it to my account.

10. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

Interesting. I've figured they've been playing chicken with the NBA in negotiations. I guess the 25th is Tuesday, pretty much Opening Night, isn't it?

11. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

I am not international; in Kansas City. The only thing affected by logging in from different countries is the cost. I ended up paying $107 USD (after the conversion) although I'm not positive of the country I used. Couple of things when going this route:

1. If you switch countries via VPN, the cache must be cleared in order to update the pricing to the new country. This is different than last year.
    2. You only use the VPN to login. After that you can turn it off and watch at will. If you plan on logging in through devices that do not allow direct VPN access, you will have to configure your router to the VPN or leech off of a device that is running it (mobile, pc, etc).
    3. Quality has been fantastic. Constant HD with no buffering on Mac, Ipad, and Iphone. (300 Mbps connection)
    4. I use PIA for a vpn. But there are many options.
    5. I have not heard of any issues in purchasing with a domestic (US) currency. Last year I went the gift card route to mask the payment and it was fairly inconvenient. Made payment with Visa this year and made no difference.

I'd highly recommend this route as you will never have blackouts and the service works well.

12. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I am not having that problem but I did have that problem in the past and it was because I hadn't updated my app for the new season's version. Try to update your app to the latest version and see if that fixes it....while your at it, turn on automatic updates.

13. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

http://adage.com/article/digital/nba-offer-live-virtual-reality-games-weekly/306378/

I think I remember hearing about this a while back...I mean if that headset is only 99 bucks, i
    Thanks, I'll try to figure out how to do that. I downloaded the NBA App for the first time, so I thought it would be the most updated version. I just got this TV. Are you using an Apple Smart TV? I have a Samsung.

14. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

I just got a Samsung as well and the app is terrible. It took forever for even the highlights to load.

15. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I'm using an Apple TV and also iOS apps for mobile/tablet.

16. smileandnod

smileandnod Member

I was able to watch the dal game via Apple TV with my team pass online only subscription, but only the Dallas feed was available, and I was having a lot of buffering issues... I just assumed my internet was at fault, but if everyone else was having the same issue maybe it was a league pass issue.

17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Broadband is awful so far. Last year they had classic games available too. All gone.

Stream stuttering and my internet is not to blame.

HOPING for a fix, or I will be unsuccessfully asking for a refund.

18. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

Just to let you guys know that for International it has been a regular year. Not all games on preseason has been streamed. But overall good quality, and I did watched the wednesday game with the root broadcast. Really liked Ackerman.

Pros: All games, video vault (I really live outside US, so being able to find me in last years game was really WOW for me)
    Cons: Apple tv still has some issued, and Chromecast really has some issues.

19. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Ah dang, well I guess I'll just play through the comp and display it on the TV.

20. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

How is it awful? Are you getting preseason games?

How have you accessed this season if they haven't started releasing games yet? I'm on the Team choice package and do not get games until season starts.