1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[nba.com] Rockets' rookie Capela embraces unexpected role

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ipa, Apr 20, 2015.

1. ipa

ipa Member

Good to see Capela getting some recognition and love!

http://www.nba.com/2015/news/featur...ston-rockets-takes-advantage-of-playing-time/

1 person likes this.
  2. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Another great draft pick by Morey. Hopefully this one stays, and dominates the league by becoming an all-defensive team NBA player.

3. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

First! Great article. I like his humility and lack of ego... Like Hakeem. And he played soccer. I hope he gets real comfortable soon... We will need him. Rox for life!

4. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

I hope he spends more time with Hakeem this summer.Just like Dmo did.

5. ipa

ipa Member

Also I love this interview!

Code:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_hi3WEziB7g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Love how he said something like:

„I know what I can do, and I know what I can't"

Love this in a player! When you know your weaknesses, you are already better... Because you don't try to do that, and hurt your team...

If only Josh Smith would learn....

Great passes are great, but when he tries to be Stockton, it drives me crazy...

6. ipa

ipa Member

^ somebody please remove the code from the earlier post... did not post many youtube videos here, did not know how... :D

7. nemac

nemac Member

Yea that comment struck me as well. Like it came from a much more experienced player. He's got a good head on his shoulders. Him describing the rush of first game in the other interview should remind us how fresh he is and any further positive impact he can have this series is that much more impressive.

8. MONON

MONON Member

Nice read, ipa! Don't be a stranger here. I really liked the line about McHale telling Capela that he was part of the rotation for the playoffs. :cool:

9. ipa

ipa Member

I am not a stranger, just a lurker...

When I posted some people made fun of my writing capabilities, as I am not a native english speaker...

Also, I post only from time to time, as I watch the games the next day, as I do not wake up to watch them live... and so, most people already said what I wanted to say by that time! :grin:

10. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

D-Mo and Capela are the rockets future big men!

Let's just hope Capela doesn't leave us like Parsons sorry ass did.

11. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Great article.

12. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I like McHale giving away the game " I say a lot of sheet to you guys I don't mean" lol

13. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

Interesting read....and seems like a really great kid. For someone who wasn't even supposed to be here until next year, he really has come a long way...to rotation player for an NBA #2 seed. That's not bad, not bad at all.

14. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I was very high on Capela when we drafted him. I even thought he had higher upside than Dmo. But I thought it was going to take him a few years to contribute. Wow, I was wrong. He's going to be a max player in 4 years if he stays healthy and hungry.

15. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

and Chad Ford grade rockets with a C- for pickin Capella, saying he was lasy.

HOUSTON ROCKETS | GRADE: C-
    Round 1: Clint Capela (25)
    Round 2: Nick Johnson (42)
    Analysis: The Rockets are busy trying to clear cap space for a run at LeBron James and Carmelo Anthony. Again, I'm not sure how likely it is they land either guy, but both players are worth the effort. So the Rockets took a player in Capela, whom they can leave in Europe to develop -- and he needs the time. Capela is long and athletic, but very raw. His analytics numbers were off the charts for Kevin Pelton, but watching him in games was pretty painful. He has a ways to go. Johnson, who is tough and super-athletic, could help now if the Rockets have a roster spot. He defends and can shoot it a bit. If he were a few inches taller, he would've gone much, much higher.

16. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

How do you get lazy out of that?

17. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Capela is going to be a really good player. Tyson Chandler type.

18. Nook

Nook Member

Meh.....

No.

19. dragician

dragician Member

In before Mark Cuban makes an offer to Clint.

20. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

He said that in others interviews.