1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My master plan for the 76ers, what I would do

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by what, Jun 8, 2016.

1. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

You can't be trusted because you'd make the 76ers job to the Grizzlies every time.

2. rockets13champs

Terrble for sixers remember how warriors almost traded klay for love?
    U have to build the team the right way no short cuts. Stay true to young pieces and let them grow up u already have ur star in doons and embiid let the others come naturally through draft and grow.

3. basketballholic

Why did I open this thread?

4. rockets13champs

* simmons not doons idk how that happened

5. malakas

malakas Member

lol it's very rare to see someone who is even worse than Billy King in team building. Congrats what, you are unique.

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

The best thing for 76ers to do right now is keep on sucking. They already went full tilt towards suckage, going back on it right now makes all their previous tanking pointless. A core of Simmons, Okafor and Noel seems a good base to start on you got defense, interior scoring and playmaking 1-2 more years getting another high pick and you can be set to move to the next step.

One thing I'd try to do though is try to pawn Embiid off somebody else for picks or additional talent because that guy is done.

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I, for one, would pay good money to see 'what' run an NBA franchise.

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

what would actually make the 76ers want to re-hire Hinkie.

9. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I don't agree, but hey everyone has their own, right?

10. rullrich

rullrich Member

I agree with you completely - maybe an Okafor trade for Jimmy Butler instead of Beal and sign Whiteside.

Teague
    Butler/Stauskas
    Barnes/Covington
    Simmons/Embiid
    Okafor/Saric

I'd say that's a team that at least gets homecourt in the first round of the playoffs. I can't even imagine how deadly a Whiteside/Simmons duo at the rim would be.

11. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

In a perfect world, what is cloned a bunch of times and becomes the GM of every team except the Rockets.

12. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Lmao this would set philly back. They are in a great position for the future right now.

13. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

Beal is restricted
    Barnes is restricted and won't sign with sixers.
    Okafor will be traded.
    Noel might not net them teague.

Got a different plan ?

14. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

Why would they sign Whiteside when they have okafor, Simmons , noels, and embid ??

15. what

what Member

If okc was stupid enough to give up Steven Adams, I'd go to war with that guy. Well worth Jahlil Okafor.

Adams is one of the best pfs in the league already. I'd take him over d.cousins any day.

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Dude...

Adams is a center, and is in no way close to being a PF. Pairing him with Gobert, another center would be a horrible fit. The 76ers also have Embiid who is a center, and then they will have Saric who is a PF.

Literally one of the worst ideas I've ever heard, how you can take the time and effort to make this a thread and not realize that none of what you were thinking makes sense is beyond me.

1 person likes this.
  17. PeppermintCandy

I think this is what is called the Grizzlies method to winning a championship.

18. rullrich

rullrich Member

Because that scenario involved trading Okafor and Noel?

19. rullrich

rullrich Member

It's been widely discussed that there's a strong possibility that Beal leaves - mostly because WAS doesn't think he's worth the max money his agent is trying to get. 6ers have all of $26,762,657 in committed salaries next year (plus their draft picks) meaning there's a realistic opportunity to max Barnes+Beal and have enough left for a decent bench.

Think Okafor's stock is lower than Noel's at this point but mostly due to personal issues - keeping him is probably a better option than Noel.

I highly doubt Barnes would pass on a max contract because he doesn't want to play for the sixers. That's something you do after you got paid not after your rookie contract.

20. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

what about to show the world he's on David Kahn's level.