1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey setting Rockets up for 13-14 off season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by teebone21, Aug 2, 2012.

1. teebone21

teebone21 Member

http://www.hoopsworld.com/2013-nba-free-agents

Looking at the amount of FA available next season it looks like houston will be in perfect position to take on some good players. our top player will only make 8 mill next season and the cap space avaible according to bima will be huge. With no roster moves , 12-13 season will be hard to watch but with 2 top draft picks and the new CBA penalties for tax teams starting along with 20+ mill in space, we could potentially build a major team ( pending anyone running to dallas or cleveland). Is Morey cashing in on this season and waiting for the next offseaon to make his major transactions? Dwight and Bynum headline avail players and with the multiple over cap teams ( even GSW is over cap:confused:) and " no sign n trade for tax teams" starting we may finally get a chance to really rebuild while keeping the rookies.

ppat and kmart come off the books next summers also opening up 15 mill in space + other moves morey will make by cutting players.

2. Wapzoe

Wapzoe Member

Morey's game is to have financial flexibility until he can get the superstar he wants to build around.

So its not so much he's setting up for that particular season but just to be ready to capitalize on any situation that occurs.

3. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

you can pretty much say that he`s setting us up for every offseason. say what you want about Morey. But flexibility has been his #1 priority... until he finds his star players.

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

He sure has a good start on a new team.

5. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

This pretty much sums it up.

Cap Flexibility. Attain a Superstar. Build the team around the superstar.

It isn't rocket science folks..........

6. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

We're making our own luck. Anytime a major player moves on to a new team, it's when that team is in the right situation at the right time. Morey is making sure we are in the right situation at all times.

7. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

The overall idea isn't rocket science, but
    I'd bet balancing all the details makes it more like rocket science than not.

1 person likes this.
  8. Machado

Machado Member

Daryl, just wait for Jeremy Lamb to become a star. Save your draft picks dude.

9. Grape_Swisha281

exactly, Boston had to have the cap to aquire their big three, same with Heat. Cap space means Superstar plus money to throw at another one and build a team

10. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

I'm not trying to be THAT guy, but don't we get this topic every year? I'm sure we'll have a... "Morey setting Rockets up for 14-15 offseason." next year.

11. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

But whats different is possibly two top ten picks and the Dallas pick on top of the four rookies this year and cap space.I think he has done a good job and is going to make something happen i just hope its not thrown away for a b---- ass cry baby.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Still in WAIT AND SEE mode.
    Tired of trying to figure out the magical moment when all the plotting and planning pays off.

Rocket River

13. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Takes Hoopsworld 2 months after the draft to report and write what we've known and discussed countless times on the BBS.

[​IMG]
    CATCH UP FOOLS!!!

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The thing I don't get is when people say Morey is making moves to save his job. I can't believe people argue that. Damn 610 am.

15. jc9495

jc9495 Member

Morey setting Rockets up for 18-19 offseason.