1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey needs to trade for Kieff Morris. Not just because of his skill..

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Swishh, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Swishh

Swishh Member

...but because he seems like the type to speak his mind and yell at the team / certain players and get in your face when they aren't giving effort.

People say he's a "character" , but that's not always bad.

So yeah, he needs to be traded to Houston mainly because he's very good, but because this team also needs someone like him to speak out.

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Yeah some new guy coming I'm and getting in his teamates faces and yelling at them would work awesome. I'm sure the guys would love that and it totally wouldn't start any flights.

That's just ridiculous, not that Markieff is that guy at all. There has been no proof that he yells at teamates for playing bad.

3. Swishh

Swishh Member

Who on this team holds his teammates accountable like Pop, Draymond, Kobe? Its not the coach, and certainly not dwight/harden.

4. BigVic785

BigVic785 Member

I don't think Kieff is that kind of player. He's more of the kind of a guy who whines when he doesn't get his way

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Um, no.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

......but because of his lack of skill!

7. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

trade for a guy who has fewer rpg, a lower fg% a lower 3pt% and fewer blks pg on identical mpg (25.3) over his career than TJones career... think i'm gonna pass...

8. Swishh

Swishh Member

Sure, but one things for certain : nobody on the current roster is that person who holds people accountable.

9. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Ryan Anderson.

10. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Jones + Lawson for Anderson and Cole would be great. In all honesty, I wouldn't die if we acquired Kieff, but it would have to be for the right price, and off the bench.

11. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

markieff morris would REALLY increase the urbanization of this team. :eek:

we might get even more urbanized entertainment during halftime and timeouts too! :eek

12. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Morris is not on the same level as certain players to start barking anything out, even it comes from positive intent.

Plus, that type of player-to-player interaction doesn't always work well, unless the voice is from a proven winner.

Our voice of reason is Jet. He may not be the loudest, but the team respects him, and he has the track record to let other guys know what's up.

From articles and interviews, it sounds like he isn't intimidate to pull anyone, from James to KJ, aside for some constructive criticism or redirection.

I like Morris for basketball reasons, but I wouldn't ever want DM to trade for a player just to shake things up for the hell of it.

13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Agreed, Ship Jones' punk out of here, and they can take Brewer too.

14. malakas

malakas Member

Since when being a malcontent means holding your teammates accountable? Morris doesn't get into his teammates faces. He goes into the refs faces and earns techs, into his coach face and throws insults, into the fans faces with public comments that enrage entire fanbases, into other teams' players by saying random bad stuff about them and also into the face of anyone sending his mom texts and sends them to hospital and then tries to evade the punishment by the law that he should get. Jail time.

15. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

No to Chief Keiff

16. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

We need another rim protector if we trade jones imo..trading lawson takes away a ball handler so we better get another if we do do trade lawson....so 2 issues going on if lawson gets traded

17. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

oh and by no means am I saying TJones is a rim protector..just saying the Rockets need an additional rim protector overall right now

18. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

i like your subtlety. nice try, stern.

19. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Tjones is done, and his plus/minus has to be a negative 9,000

20. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Ha---No to Pau Gasol:Basketball Reasons.

1 person likes this.