1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey confirms Cp3 staying

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by True Rocket, Jun 1, 2019.

?

Are you mad?

1. Yes

33.1%
  2. No

66.9%
  1. HP3

HP3 Member

2. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

did you notice how Harden isnt even in the frame half of the time? Not spotting up at the 3 pt line when he didnt have the ball... not jockeying to be in position for potentially a long rebound... just out of the picture....
    whats up with that?

#62 kjayp, Jun 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
    HP3 likes this.
  3. topfive

topfive CF OG

Man, CP3's not looking too good in that pic. o_O

4. Texanstradamus

That’s harden in crunch time in the playoffs

forchette49 and kjayp like this.
  5. HP3

HP3 Member

He can do better with those things, yea(he gets tired as well). Like @Mathloom has said all great players have their flaws. But I think the point of the vid was that offensively Harden had a really good 4th quarter playing within the flow of the offense and that our offense was good enough to win. Defense was really what killed us this series.....really it was rebounds that killed us and that sucks cause if we had just gotten more boards this series was ours for the taking.

6. PolarBear

PolarBear Contributing Member

our aging star player has ‘sat out’ 18, 20 & 22 games over his past 3 seasons. I wouldn’t bet on this trend improving at age 34 with his mileage...Hope is not a good strategy...

Mathloom likes this.
  7. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I agree. Harden should fake an injury, sit out next year and demand a trade. Worked for Kawhi.

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Why did he feel the need to confirm it?

sammy likes this.
  9. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Soooo there is this. I’m not big on posting things like this. It usually needs to come from the big boys, but they do have 73k followers.

These guys only making about 10 million in salary combined. I think the Bulls have about 65 million committed for next year.

10. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Morey needs to step away from social media

cheke64, True Rocket and rockets1995 like this.
  11. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Chris Paul declining skills

Can't run a fast break
    No quick first step, blowing by the defender
    Can't spot up shoot 3s
    No lateral quickness on defense, Curry ran laps around Chris

Enemies with Scott Foster, Foster always wants to Rig Games against Paul, it's his personal Vendetta.
    Scott Foster wants to end Chris Paul Career with no Championships, 0-12 in the playoffs, with Foster, in the playoffs.
    The worst part is other referees are like a Mafia, other Referees will want vengeance on their guy.

12. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Did he really? Dunno bout this one boys.

13. HP3

HP3 Member

Do not believe these guys at all, there is no way this trade gets out without any of the big guys not getting wind of it

14. topfive

topfive CF OG

The comments in there are pretty telling.

mikol13 likes this.
  15. topfive

topfive CF OG

Makes me wonder about CP3's state of mind for the upcoming season. He already seemed off-kilter all year after we pulled the plug on the experiment with his buddy Carmelo. Then came the disagreement about the offense in the playoffs. We need him to be focused next year, not thinking that the team doesn't really want him and maybe he shouldn't have agreed to come here in the first place.

#75 topfive, Jun 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
    Ramo$e and HP3 like this.
  16. hou$tonScrew$tonTX

Steph sure seemed to lead them well when he was destroying us without KD and as he led them to the Finals in that Portland series. Not to mention the assists that he gets with his penetration. I’m pretty sure every GM in the league would take either Steph or Kyrie over CP3.

17. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

PRETTY sure?? Yeah that's not even a question.

18. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

No idea, but he honestly doesn't owe his Twitter followers any honest responses to who may or may not be on his way out. Kind of a conflict of interests honestly, especially when it comes to the players reading it too.

The only thing that has me thinking CP3 is staying is that Morey is star struck and works so hard to get them here. I don't think he's in any hurry to give them up unfortunately, even if it might be in the best interest of the team long term.

19. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

This is not a confirmation. But, i think its really unlikely we trade CP3

I dont think that many teams will be interested and the cost will be too high.

Ramo$e likes this.
  20. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

Exactly. There's no reason a GM should be publicly honest about potential moves. And we shouldn't expect it.

forchette49 likes this.