1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Month of October .500 Team is ok

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bj3175, Oct 22, 2018.

1. bj3175

bj3175 Member

If the Rockets can make it out of October with a .500 that is an ok start. Right now we are not as good as we could be.

Issues:

1. This team needs an identity and focus that they believe in.

2. Everyone needs to know their role and embrace it.

3. Coaching staff needs to ride with a 9 to 10 man rotation that will keep CP3's minutes down(Brandon Knights return should help)

hakeem94, plates300 and Lawlruschang like this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The most important thing is we dun have whole lot of good defenders on the squad. A couple but that is that.
    And bench is lacking accuracy.

The front court lacks mobility, athleticism, youth, creativity. And above all size and toughness.

Unfortunately the only hopes are resting on player such as Gary Clark, Brandon Knight, Chriss.

Is there a way to bring in new players? I guess not for some time.

bj3175 likes this.
  3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

MCW needs to be more QUALITY than he is now

Rocket River

4. theimpossibles1

Just a couple thoughts:

I like Ennis' effort and attitude, and his 3pt shot looks pretty good. I think he will fit very nicely as an Ariza replacement (and possibly upgrade).

MCW plays hard, but like @topfive said he is over-thinking himself to death. We saw in preseason that he can play, but he needs to quit trying to control things and just find his groove, otherwise it's gonna be a swift exit from the rotation.

Melo has looked pretty good, exhibiting solid effort on defense and aggressive rebounding. We all knew he can shoot so these other elements are really what's gonna define his success here. I believe he will put up much more points soon.

We have a lot of new players in the rotation but we didn't really lose any major pieces. We lost role playing defenders, but we added new ones. I feel confident that given 10-15 games under the leadership already in place with CP, JH, and MDA, we can catch a nice groove and be as good or better than last season.

clutchdabear, hakeem94 and topfive like this.
  5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Part of me wishes we still had Ryno AND Melton on this team. Melton was a solid defender and Ryno at least knew where to be with this squad. Players being out of position just sucks the life out of the team.

clutchdabear, hakeem94 and Game7 like this.
  6. 1Deep

1Deep Member

Damn, we went from almost taking down arguably the best team ever to just hoping to end the first month of the very nxt season as a .500 team.

SMH.

7. BigBum

BigBum Member

good thought.

We can start Melo, Anderson creates the chemistry.

.500 is not okay because we need to rest Paul after all-star break.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

9. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Go away Laker fan. You can stop saying "We".

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. macan

macan Member

i don't mind losing to weaker teams only if we can win against all other playoff teams..

11. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

I blame it on the extended season.

12. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Didn’t we start the season last year 4-4 with two losses to the Grizzlies? It takes time to adjust especially when there’s new players playing heavy rotation minutes. I know overreacting is fun but we lost two games and one of those without CP3. We’re fine for now.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

nope. 5-3 through the first 8 before the 6 game streak. and that was without cp3 after the opening night win over GS

14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

BINGO!

15. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Alright sorry one game off. But still two games lost against one of the worst teams in the league and the two games we’ve lost so far was against the Pelicans on arguably their hottest game in a while, and the Clippers by a few points in LA. We beat the Lakers in LA during this against Lebron and Co. no need for negativity so early in the season.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

and even then that team looked no where near as bad as whats going on to start the year now

17. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Bruh were 3 games in and are down 2 role players and both our big men. No **** were not gonna look as good. It takes time to adjust. There is not a single fan base outside maybe Golden state (rightfully so) that should expect their team to be hitting on all cylinders right now. Lakers are 0-2. Thunder are 0-3. There is no need to panic right now.

#17 PersianRocket, Oct 22, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
    theimpossibles1 likes this.
  18. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah we'll go through its game 4,5,6,7,8,9,10 and so on

19. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Not so sure about that.

I remember everyone was up in arms hoping we could just be in the 5-6th seed by the time cp3 returned.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we’re 5-3 again after the 1st 8 games.

I’m guessing we’ll be 6-4 after 10.

If we beat Utah and Portland we’ll be 7-3 Forsure.

And then nobody will be saying the sky is falling.

I was upset about last night but this season is nothing like 2015.

Ppl need to quit saying that stuff.

This team will be fine and win over 55 games with ease.

What I’m worried about is that I don’t think as of now we’re good enough to beat the warriors or even come close.

Last year our d was good but what made it elite was that we were I believe the best defensive rebounding team in the nba. We didn’t allow second chance points. Thats what we need to get back to doing. The individual D is what it is. It’s a little worse than last year but Imo not as much as ppl think. The rebounding is the biggest difference so far.

hakeem94 and Downtown Sniper like this.
  20. YOLO

YOLO Member

11-3 when cp3 returned and people were just hoping to be 5-6th seed. i dont remember that at all