1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mike Sherman to be Fired

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by greatpacha1, Dec 1, 2011.

1. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

2. Shaud

Shaud Member

With all of the blown 2nd half leads this is not surprising. When you collapse in the 2nd half for most of the season that is on coaching.

3. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

Yea, as an Aggie..i completely agree..with all the talent we had..no reason for losing all the game we did...

4. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I agree, the Aggies were the most disappointing team in Collage football this year.

5. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

No doubt about that.

6. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

Considering Sherman sucked ass his entire A&M tenure, this isn't all that surprising.

7. jdh008

jdh008 Member

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if the tipping point in the decision-making process was A&M seeing that ASU was going to do everything in their power to get Sumlin.

8. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

9. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

Not surprised at the firing, surprised they actually went thru with it. I'm a NFL fan foremost, so I don't know who the big commodities are in college.

10. UTKaluman597

UTKaluman597 Contributing Member

How hilarious..he has an $8 million buy out..couple that with the Big12 exit fee, and the fact that the athletic dept actually owes money to the administration..and it tells you just how good of a state aTm athletics is in.

11. Major

Major Member

Sumlin would be a great pick for them. The SEC is a defensive conference. Getting someone like Kirby Smart (often mentioned) just makes A&M a lesser version of Alabama and LSU. I think they need to get their own identity - having the Sumlin offense gives offensive players who aren't as excited about boring offenses throughout the SEC a reason to pick A&M.

12. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

it shall be interesting to see who we decide to hire.

13. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Coog fans must be crappin.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The Ags were 11-1 at the half this year.

DD

15. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

I can't see how Sumlin decides to go. Sherman couldn't win with this team in the big 12 and he got blamed. And a new coach has to take the same team in the SEC? There are so many moving parts with that program right now. It was a horrible horrible mistake to fire the guy right before you change conferences. On top of the exit fees, now they have to pay a buy out for Sherman AND pay a new coach.

I don't know how A&M Athletics can afford all this.

16. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

17. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

18. TISNF

TISNF Member

Seriously? Bobby Petrino would like to have a word with you.

(The same Bobby Petrino whose team will be hard pressed to make it to the SEC title game with his offense-first philosophy).

Sumlin's a good coach, but not one that will lead to a consistent winner in the SEC (unless Aggie fans are happy with 7-5 seasons and Independence Bowl appearances, since that's as good as it will get without a big time coach).

19. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

You don't need a source for this, it's common sense.

20. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

aTm job is a great one if he passes it might not get another opportunity like it.

IF he flops there I'm sure he can find another mid major elsewhere to land on his feet. It's a no brainer