1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

McHale "threw a fit" over losing Dragic, will leave after season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mrdan, Jul 30, 2012.

1. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

It's official....

Daryl Morey has permenantley left New York City butt-hurt after the Lin signing. *insert mandatory DM in MSG pic*

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Coaching free agents next year:

Phil Jackson, Tom Thibodeau, Jeff Van Gundy, Stan Van Gundy, Jerry Sloan, Scott Skiles, as well as a bunch of young upcoming coaches.

Some of them might get extended/hired elsewhere and some may not be interested, but there still should be plenty of good options.

3. jboger

jboger Member

He doesnt know how to coach anyway, in critical moments he left the same players in, he didn't switch out offensive players and defensive like great coaches do.. Look at doc rivers when the games on the line he puts in Allen for offense and took him out for defensive! Mchale should learn how to coach and not how to teach post moves

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

There is only one coaching option at it's Chris Finch. He's been the next man up since Adelman was canned. It's only a matter of time.

5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Why do so many people dislike McHale? Did the Rockets underperform last year?

Oh no... he played Scola and Patterson together in the 4th quarter when he had HOF's Camby and Dalmbert on the bench :rolleyes::rolleyes:

The Rockets, with comparable talent, performed the same under Adelman (highly respected around these parts for some reason) as they did under McHale.

1 person likes this.
  6. Morey=Money

Morey=Money Member

EXACTLY.

My guess was that McHale was just a 3 year stop gap anyway. The Rockets brass is grooming Finch for the long hall or so we have been told before. Why not start a new team with a new coach.

7. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

they lost their cash cow and now they want revenge it appears.

8. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Ok, I'm down with this. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

+1

I think McHale is inept and I want him gone, but I also don't believe a damn thing the NY media says about the Rockets either.

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Kelvin Sampson died?

11. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Maybe, maybe no. I'm still not sold on it being a certainty.

If the Rockets for example trade for Howard and try to build a contender on the fly, I have a hard time believing the Rockets will go with Finch as the head coach.

12. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Agreed. I have never been a believer that McHale is going to be a good coach. But like others have said, let's consider the source here.

13. Wapzoe

Wapzoe Member

McHale is a good coach.. Not a good head coach, her can teach skills to our young players but please..

Leave the tactics to someone else..

14. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

It's rumor, but at the same time, established vet coaches hate being a part of a rebuild movement - it has a big effect on their career W/L record, which is their resume. McHale didn't sign on expecting this, he's been expecting that Dwight Howard leap into contention. Adelman also didn't take it well when Morey made moves that hurt his win-now chances.

But as said, if McHale wants out, he's welcome. He was underwhelming last year, and I don't want rookie development short circuited. Should no blockbuster go down, it's definitely time to let the kids play, screw up, and have position coaches working with them.

15. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

Damn that's harsh :grin:

16. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

I liked McHale until the last 10 games of the season when he continually played Patterson and Scola in the 4th and we were dominated in the paint. I wouldn't care if he left, Chris Finch has a bigger upside as a coach anyways.

17. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

What? If that is the case, then either Morey is a terrific liar, or McHale is an even bigger idiot than I thought.

1 person likes this.
  18. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Good news! McHale is just an awful coach. This team of rookies combined with McHale should get us a lottery pick. Then, get in a better coach and march towards the Championship.

19. Nimo

Nimo Member

It'd be funny if someone from NY Daily read Herrera's post and wrote the article lol

20. LoyalRocket

LoyalRocket Member

Not to mention the fact that when they did have some playoff success they were met in the finals by a Hakeem led Rockets team, no doubt they hate us so this just gives them a more recent incident to **** bricks about lol
    The city that never sleeps ha! More like the city that never gets over themselves!

:rolleyes: