1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marks] What the trade market for Dwight Howard looks like

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Feb 11, 2016.

1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

In full: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/here-s...t-for-dwight-howard-looks-like-011422278.html

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

There's the article if anyone wants to actually read it. The bit about the salary by itself was extremely stimulating...

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

hard capped and disappointing

5. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Morey needs to find a way to dump Brewer's ****** contract as well if he wants to go after Durant. Morey probably wants to tank this season but I doubt Les will allow it.

6. hooroo

hooroo Member

Les isn't paying the tax.

In the only season the Rockets have paid the tax under Les.
    In that season, the Rockets were a lottery team, and it was an extrordinary year where a tax paying team didn't lose much money.

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I wonder if the Celtics would let go of Bradley...

I think Bobby deserves the clicks :p

8. malakas

malakas Member

The problem with the Bulls is that the owner is very cheap. But he will do such big trade only if he believes they can't make the playoffs because that will actually cost him money and that's the most he cares about. Or if he actually threatens to fire Gar and he gets desperate and tries to salvage his job.

Now this article was written by Marks. Who works with Woj. I hope that he didn't put these examples due to info from Woj (and that's why he excluded Atlanta and Cleveland) but it's a possibillity.

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I don't see us being hard capped being a big deal, we have such big contracts in Howard, Lawson, Ariza that are all moveable if have yet to find a trade in which we can't match salaries. Its often the other way around.

2 mid 1st from Boston is BS, most mid first don't even turn out to be rotation players. I'd probably rather keep Howard and let him expire.

If we make a trade the Celtics, I want at least one real asset.

This is their real assets. Brooklyn picks, one of Smart/Olynyk/Bradley

I think the Brooklyn picks are off the table, and that's fine. I want at least one of Smart/Bradley/Olynyk + one of the 2016 mid 1st

Howard, Terry, Thornton for Lee, Jerekbo, (Smart/Olynyk/Bradley) + (Dal/Celt) 2016 1st

That's a fair trade for both teams, they get Howard(who will re-sign) for little, and the Rockets at least get a little for Howard. But I would honestly rather keep Howard then trade him for two BS mediocre 1st.

10. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

No mention of the teams that have assets I would actually want.

Heat, Cavs, and Hawks

This sucks

11. malakas

malakas Member

yeah well about the Hawks it's probably they couldn't care less to add Dwight. Doesn't fit, is going to get paid much more than Horford and has stated in the past he doesn't even want to play in Atlanta.

If Marks has info from Woj those are the teams we have probably been in talks with. Beyond the first stage I mean.

12. BackdoorHarden

So we can get David Lee? :confused:[​IMG]

13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

What's the market for Harden?

14. BackdoorHarden

This is what the market for Harden looks like

[​IMG]

15. hooroo

hooroo Member

Les's main business is the TC. Every time Harden appears in a TV commercial it's a free advertisement. He's a walking billboard for the TC. Les isn't letting go of that cash cow.

16. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

His title should be "What I THINK the trade market for Dwight Howard looks like".

17. SJQ

SJQ Member

it's tough b/c Boston is the team that's most willing to deal away assets, due to having way more picks than the team can possibly use, but 30 year old Dwight doesn't exactly fit the timetable for their team. if Dwight were a couple years younger I bet Boston would be willing to discuss parting with a BKN pick

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

They do want him, that's for certain. He'd be their best or second best player immediately amd im sure Stevens will use him well.

19. hooroo

hooroo Member

Howard, Smith, Capela, & Montrez for their unprotected

20. malakas

malakas Member

No way.
    That pick is going to be the fourth pick.with this draft outside the top2 the rest are not worth trading two good prospects And dwight.
    And btw rhe top2 whatever the hype sure dont seem generational talent to me.