1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Marc Spears: Dwight's knee is bone on bone

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Dec 10, 2014.

Tags:
  1. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Rockets probables - Howard; Harden, Ariza - will play. McHale called Howard's knee 'troublesome. '</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/547168868246904832">December 22, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. mario_v

mario_v Member

His body is breaking down much like brandon Roy or Tmac. He just doesn't have the same bounce to his step like he had last season.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Bad shoulder, bad knee(s), next you'll tell me his back will flare up again!

4. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

He's still hurt and recovering. Just needs to play on it more to get it in shape for NBA grind.

5. mario_v

mario_v Member

I think his knee is something he's going to have to deal with for the rest of his career. It's going to flare up a lot.

For a player like dwight who relies heavily on his athleticism, this is very depressing to hear.

He's on the decline.

6. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Sucks to hear...not a good sign for the season. I got the feeling his knee was still bothering him from how he was moving around out on the court.

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Mchale really should just stop commenting on injuries.

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Howard just played 43+35 mins in a back-to-back and 42 mins two days later last game. If Dwight's knee is really "troublesome", the Rockets are idiots.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

And Kevin McHale is wondering who played him so many minutes. :p

Okay not quite but still...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>McHale says Howard's knee is &quot;more troublesome&quot; than Harden/Ariza injuries. Says Dwight played too many minutes Saturday. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rockets?src=hash">#Rockets</a></p>&mdash; Ben DuBose (@BenDuBose) <a href="https://twitter.com/BenDuBose/status/547168869748449280">December 22, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I think McHale was referring to how it fits in with the game plan, not the actual physical injury.

11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Agreed. I think the Rockets have to treat Dwight like the Spurs do their big 3. His knee has a hell of a lot better chance at holding up if they don't play him on back to backs.

12. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I honestly hate Twitter because it creates this sensationalist crap. I mean you can't really include context in a ****ing one line snippet.

Then you have morons like this guy who are on the look out for any bit of negativity so they can channel their pessimism and start burying our players and team asap.

Just stupid. Ignore list gets another one.

13. mario_v

mario_v Member

Im not burying our players. You think I'm happy about this? The truth is Howard is 29 years old, his athleticism has noticeably declined, IMO. His injuries, especially the knee, are a major concern.

I'm sorry for not shooting rainbows up your ass and tell you everything is going to be alright. I'm not like most fans here that overreact after every win or loss.

I'm just being realistic about the situation. If you can't understanding that, then that's on you.

1 person likes this.
  14. mario_v

mario_v Member

Dudewah

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Didn't realize bone on bone effects effort as well.

17. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

Definitely something wrong with him. He looked so out postion sometimes

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I didn't know I should be crying or laughing at that play. Being blown by Omer Asik is probably one of the ultimate insults for a defender.