1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Liberial Genius: Gun Control PSA urges kids to steal guns

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Space Ghost, Dec 23, 2014.

1. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

http://theweek.com/article/index/27...-steal-parents-guns-and-give-them-to-teachers

For you liberal anti-gun types, what do you guys think about this?

2. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

3. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I wish there was a study that correlated gullibility and being right wing.

4. Space Ghost

ZOMG! fake article!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/VFOhBAH3zPA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. Bandwagoner

It isn't satire. It is just too stupid to possibly be what someone believes to be a good idea.

6. Space Ghost

It seems like a lot of work for a troll video. Unfortunately there are people out there that stupid. you can find a lot of them in Congress.

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I think there is something to this.

1. The right wing tends to be more religious. Religious people have a TENDENCY to be more gullible than the non religious. Not making a blanket statement here.

2. This is purely anecdotal. Majority of my right wing friends who I served with post the most asinine articles on Facebook and don't understand that half of the articles they posted are satire. It's kind of depressing. Some believe Colbert is a serious conservative. In fact just a week ago I had someone on my news feed post about how Colbert "called out" Obama to his face and how he repeatedly "abuses the constitution". He actually thought Colbert was serious.

8. Summer Song Giver

I don't feel safe with safe with out of control individuals like the Ferguson "protestors" or the cop killer in NYC, can you take them all away please?

9. Bandwagoner

Do you consider conspiracy theorists to generally be right or left wing?

10. Summer Song Giver

Fixed

11. fchowd0311

Under the current administration? The right wing, especially the libertarian/tea party types.

Do you want me to go through the list of Obama conspiracy theories and Muslim anchor baby theories the right wing perpetuates. Let's not forgot the conspiracy theories about how 90+ percent of the world's scientists are in on a plot to perpetuate man made climate change or the theory of evolution.

12. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Bless your heart.

13. Bandwagoner

Well gullibility and conspiracy theorists are polar opposites. One sees significance where no correlation exists and the other sees no significance. I think you are just seeing unreasonable behavior in the party you oppose.

14. fchowd0311

Gullibility is also subscribing to popular partisan conspiracy theories without any valid or credible evidence and believing that satire articles are actually factual. At least when it comes to the right wing individuals I personally know, satire articles are dangerous for them because they actually believe them.

And is it just me or is more than half of online right wing media composed of satire articles concealing themselves as factual articles and trying to see if their gullible audience bites on it. I draw this observation only from the hundreds of articles posted in my Facebook news feed.

15. Space Ghost

I dont want throw out my jump-to-conclusion mat, but I am under the impression you believe this is satire. It very well could be, but there is no evidence to suggest other wise.

Maybe you're the gullible one? Ill be the first to admit there are plenty of ignorant conservatives, but i'll reassure you the liberal pot is full of them too.

16. Bandwagoner

I completely disagree on your definition of a conspiracy theorist which I think of as a person that accepts almost nothing at face value.

17. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

This just in:

You can't tell anything about anything on the internet.

Believe nothing until it's properly vetted. This is just as likely an NRA false flag, or satire as it is real. And even if it is a real attempt why would anyone even get all huffy about one message? It's not like it's starting a big trend of kids turning in guns.

Fwd:Fwd:Fwd:Fwd:Fwd:Fwd:Fwd:Fwd:Fwd:Fwd:Fwd:Fwd:

18. Bandwagoner

You listed two very unlikely scenarios. I wonder if you would be classified as a conspiracy or gullible? It clearly isn't satire and we know the creators so it isn't linked to the NRA.

19. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

One suggestion... if you hope to insult the intellect or cleverness of liberals, you may want to learn the correct spelling of liberals... ;-)

20. Space Ghost

Or tell Clutch to allow topic edits for typos.