1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

League fires Rockets/NBA photographer, removes him from the Bubble

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Aug 14, 2020.

1. illadelphiah

illadelphiah Member

Who?? xD

Wish he would just own up to it lmao

2. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Cancel culture=cancer culture

But that was stupid of him to post it

tinman likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Wouldn't jinx it, she hasn't been made VP yet.

BeBreezy likes this.
  4. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

In before someone claims Ho and w**** are two different things.

Or the meme didn't add the E to the end so it doesn't apply. Social media is twisted.

D-rock likes this.
  5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

At least the people defending this still admit its cancel culture. I hate cancel culture. but the firing is justified, probably economically too due to PR disasters. Theres no redeeming value in this kind of language or message. People just arent smart enough to make constructive arguments on social media, everything is destructive. Its just going to drive more polarization, which we don't need. And both sides feed off of moments like this.

6. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

Instead of wasting your time typing that, you should have read the post you were replying to. I know what the law is, probably much better than you. I said it should be changed as a policy matter. Reciting a general summary of the law is not an effective argument that it should not be changed.

I would absolutely protect speech outside of work. Protecting "classes" through employment discrimination law is not the only way we protect employees. We also protect conduct, such as retaliatory discharge of whistleblowers. I see no reason not to also protect speech made outside the course and scope of employment, and particularly political speech. The free speech intended protection by the First Amendment is not really "free" if an angry mob (that the majority may even disagree with, it may be a tiny group of extremely motivated people) can have you fired anytime you exercise it.

The Constitution is not perfect. I have no doubt that the drafters never remotely conceived of a scenario where communication was instantaneous and global. They would be horrified at the current totalitarian state of affairs where people are tarred, feathered, and lynched simply for having opinions.

7. phasors28

phasors28 Member

Pretty stupid to post. I wish the NBA would to take this same aggressive stance towards China. It's easy to pick on someone at the bottom of the totem pole. This is what I appreciated about what Morey did.

8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

At least he tried to back track? (I guess)

D-rock likes this.
  9. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Alot of these old a$$ good ol boy Houston sports writers and commentators need to go too. Barry Warner, John McClain... start over fresh. Get innovative and get rid of these behind the times type personalities out of Houston sports.

gfab-babyboi and D-rock like this.
  10. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

The NBA had Morey's back though.

jiggyfly and phasors28 like this.
  11. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Fine with him getting fired, it’s the companies right. But keep that same energy when there’s posts against conservatives, or supporting China or other things that are political in nature.
    Can’t pick and choose what is ok politically to endorse. Offensive is offensive

12. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Downturn economy, no rosy business expectations, budget constraint n layoffs.

#32 DeBeards, Aug 14, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
  13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It’s not the politics Bruh.

Calling someone a w**** is not a political opinion.

Holy Lord...

cbass, lakersuck2, YOLO and 10 others like this.
  14. Jontro

Jontro Member

unfortunate. i have been a big fan of his work since a young child.

tinman and DeBeards like this.
  15. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

There is no such thkng as cancel culture. Its card accountability...uou do something stupid enough where a majority of people do like u go..i me a ain't that always been the case.

D-rock likes this.
  16. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I agree, that’s why I said offensive is offensive. Just be consistent if there’s offensiveness from others too. Be consistent

17. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

There is absolutely a cancel culture. You’re not talking about a majority of people, you’re talking about a vocal minority that are actively looking to take anyone down that they deem offensive. Social media presence is not a majority. Most of the people “cancelling” are shitty people and lots of skeletons in their closet.
    Social media gives them the tool to virtue signal and try to “hurt” people that don’t have their beliefs.

King1, jiggyfly and fattz like this.
  18. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Again this isn't true. If its enough to effect the person in charges pocket book said person will be gone.
    Why wasn't morey canceled
    Why was kanye west canceled
    Why wasn't cardi b canceled
    Why isn't Laura ingram canceled

Simple if you more popular then not or if you make a company or person more money then you cost them you won't be canceled....again like its always been lol. Its a simple as that.

fryjol7, fattz and rockbox like this.
  19. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

This is just so completely off I don’t know what to say. Businesses aren’t letting go of people because of what these people are doing (mostly, some are bad) but because they will automatically get lumped in to the “bad crowd” from social media.
    This isn’t the majority, it’s the people that are the loudest.
    It’s censorship, it’s a group of people trying to control what is being said because it hurts their feelings.
    MSM and social media have created that monster, that doesn’t make them majority, it makes them hall monitors on steroids

20. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

You mean like how the right wing cancel kapernick...bro it doesn't exist. I used company's cause that who usually in charge.

N I've never seen a person that didn't do any thing get canceled.

Or a person at waant doing anything wrong get caught up in the me too thing.

I guess its your the silent majority guy lol. Dude messed up. N got held accountable

don grahamleone and D-rock like this.