1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks turn focus to current team

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mr. 13 in 33, Oct 1, 2012.

1. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/sto...ys-reason-jeremy-lin-was-let-go-was-financial

2. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Knicks have 0 chance at a title.

3. Garner

Garner Member

"... I'm in shape now, ready to go and I've got a big, big chip on my shoulder. So I look forward to this season and I'm definitely happy to be back in this New York Knicks jersey."

"The Knicks also acquired veterans Marcus Camby, Kurt Thomas and Kidd in the offseason, and are expected to bring 38-year-old Rasheed Wallace into training camp."

Anytime you can bring back a fat PG to support a cast of old men, you've gotta do it.

4. aaaa

aaaa Member

Well, it's certainly an interesting cast of characters. I'm hoping they add Rasheed to the mix, just to see what happens. It'll be an entertaining season either way...:cool:

5. munco

munco Member

I understand the Knicks adding five aging vets if they were close to winning a title last year, but they are still many pieces away. It's not like the Miami Heat when they added guys like Mike Miller and Juwan Howard, etc. The Knicks still need young, athletic guys and not just old vets.

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Lol their point guard is fat.

7. King Boo

King Boo Member

They've got no cap space whatsoever in the next 3-year window. (Unless they trade one of their big-3 contracts, which is unlikely)

They had 2 young, athletic guys that they happened to have the Bird's rights to last offseason. You know what happened though...:eek:

8. RockSC

RockSC Member

Mike Woodson is a good coach... but if he was good enough, he would have brought the Hawks to the Eastern finals when he was coaching in Atlanta. I just don't see how NY is any better than the old Hawks.