1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Knicks to release Dalembert

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TRBOTAK, Jan 5, 2015.

1. TRBOTAK

TRBOTAK Member

Would be great to have a true back up center !!!

1 person likes this.
  2. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Not a bad pickup over Dorsey. Get R did.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Apparently he wears out his welcome very quickly. ;) Wonder how he lasted in Philly so long!

Since leaving Philadelphia,

one year in Sacramento
    one year in Houston
    one year in Milwaukee
    one year in Dallas
    half a year in New York

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>But Knicks, I'm told, had a second priority: culture change. Phil Jackson wanted JR Smith gone. Dalembert, too. Drags on the locker room.</p>&mdash; Howard Beck (@HowardBeck) <a href="https://twitter.com/HowardBeck/status/552291183217893377">January 6, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. mig0s

mig0s Member

Perfect backup for dwight. How old is he though? Seems like hes been around forever lol

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

All these teams find Sam unbearable?

6. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

Without question. This would be a HUGE pickup for the playoffs. God forbid Dallas gets their hands on him.

7. hooroo

hooroo Member

IIRC he skipped practices and got on the bad side of the coaches in Houston. He has a history of being a malcontent when he doesn't get touches or isn't starting.

8. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

But with a winning culture that might change things. He did pretty well with Dallas last year in the playoffs.

9. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

He'll def be claimed off of waivers. He has a reasonable expiring contract IIRC.

10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The Rockets have enough chemistry issues of their own to figure out without bringing in another personality like Sam. Sam was on his best behavior in Houston, but still alot of times it was mentioned that he had alot of "personality".

Plus the financial implications of picking him up would limit the Rockets at the trade deadline even more in taking on salary by inching closer to the hard cap (as BimaThug explained this afternoon in his update).

Just say no. Play the 3 big man rotation of Howard/Smith/D-Mo as much as you can.

11. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

You know, I don't remember that. You could be right. I remember him doing a pretty good job. And I remember him having a good time on his birthday at a local strip club. Don't know why that sticks in my mind.

12. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

Can he hit the 3?

13. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

Content with the roster we have.

DMo/Smith lineup is pretty good.

14. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

Less Athletic Clint Capela! He is the Clint Capela Floor if the kid never reaches his potential.

15. NotChandlerParsons

Dalembert is garbage this season but I don't care. Dorsey and a second rounder to Philly, sign him for the min, whatever.

16. NotChandlerParsons

Possibly because he doesn't like green eggs and ham?

17. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

He's been pretty terrible all season, but **** it. I can't imagine he'd be in the rotation if we got him though. Especially not when Jones gets back.

18. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

I would be all over Dalembert if we were still giving Dorsey significant minutes. I've always liked Dalembert (at least his production. I know nothing of his personality). Looking at the box score tonight, it appears we gave about 93 of the big man minutes to Howard/Smith/D-Mo. I'm pleased with that. If we're confident we can keep that up, I suppose there is no need to go after Dalembert. Nevertheless, my trigger finger is pretty itchy on this player......I've just always liked him....Seems to do what a big man is supposed to do.....

19. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Then why did the Knicks release him?

20. hooroo

hooroo Member

The Bulls bigs are just too quick and nimble for Dalembert. Camby & Dally were too slow that McHale had to play Scola at C.