1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kirk Cousins

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Progs, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Progs

Progs Member

Trade a 1 rd or 2 future number 2's for Cousins. Is time to not waste any more time on Shaub. He problaby runs a 5.1 or 5.2 now compare to 5.06 when he was a rookie. Schaub is past his prime and bring Cousins who has excellent size nice speed and is very hungry.

2. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

5 star thread. Someone for this to Rick Smith

3. clubberclyde

clubberclyde Member

Cousins would be good but I think we should give this kid a shot.
    [​IMG]

4. CCorn

CCorn Member

We have the future goat sitting on out bench. We Don't need anyone's cousin.

5. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

Why? Shaub is a great QB. He is top ten in this league. And have you seen his qbr, and yhe numbers he put up. *sarcasm

I've been saying he is not the answer at QB even when he was putting up those big numbers. I dont focus on numbers too much, i use the eye test. And he just doesn't have the "it" to win big games, which is what we want Superbowl.

6. SpiceLaneCowboy

the savior is buried in the depth chart.

reminds me of arian foster.

sat an entire year while slaton was stinking up the joint. only got a chance when slaton got injured.

DISGUSTING.

Its the Kubiak System

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

When he does get his chance to start after leaving the Redskins, I don't think Kirk Cousins will do that well.

8. Raven

Raven Member

Trade a first round pick? And a 2nd? When Keenum hasn't even gotten a chance to audition for the starting job? That's nuts.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

QB heavy draft coming up. Just saying.

10. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

This. Let's draft a guy to compete with Case. Cut Schaub and Yates if we don't get to the AFC championship game.

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Doesn't matter. All Boobiak will do is draft another Matt Schlob.

12. Progs

Progs Member

I am a Case Keenum fan but Im skeptical on him. He doesn't have enough zip on the football plus his physical stature doesn't help. But hope they give him a chance on a real game.

13. JamalP.

JamalP. Member

Dont know where to go but Schaub is definitely not the answer

14. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

I wouldnt mind trading for Cousins but at the cost of 2 future 2nd rounders or a 1st round pick sounds like too much. Maybe a 2nd this season and a future 3rd.

People need to put the crack pipe down when it comes to Keenum. Nothing he did in the preseason proved he was even better than Yates. There is a reason Keenum went undrafted and doesnt even suit up, please stop.

15. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

i'm not trading a 1st round pick. give case a chance and draft an O-lineman.

16. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

i would not bet on Case being the answer either. i think we know what we have in Yates though, which isn't much.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Crazy talk. Best I could do is a 4th rounder. (Although I don't really get all the hype surrounding him - as if he's a franchise QB, which I don't think he is.)

18. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I think we go 1-1 these past 2 weeks with Case.

Schaub needs perfection around him to be good all game long. Without Duane Brown, Case is the better play. He is mobile and can get the ball down field.

The fact that Yates is the #2 is one of the many reasons that I can't stand Kubiak. He has the lowly career back-up syndrome. Giving Yates the nod just bc is why he's a loser.

19. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

This right here.

I think they need an inside linebacker too.

Either draft a qb in the first or second round. Have him compete with Case Yates.

Not sure what type of cap hit the texans will have.

20. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

another qb trying to cash in on a few games( not even a few), where have we seen this before, Matt Cassell, and Matt Flynn come to mind... you dont even know if he is legit. Most people who bring up Cousins as a legit player in the NFL are Andrew Luck only fans( aka RG3 haters)...