1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kirk Cousins revisited

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by rockets13champs, Dec 16, 2013.

1. rockets13champs

I have that feeling on this guy, trade a 2nd rounder or 3rd rounder. ( our 2nd rounder is quite valuable)
    He puts up really great numbers in Washington. He is hands down better than any Qb prospect in this years draft. I believe trading for cousins and selecting Clowney #1 is way to go.
    Look at his numbers when he starts in college/NFL. A really good comparison i see of him is Foles or Brees which is fantastic. taking Cousins will take Texans to next level

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Insert Michael Vick for RG3 and Schaub for Cousins and you are basically repeating history. Might as well bring back Dom Capers and draft Derek Carr.

3. Mistasofly

Mistasofly New Member

Haven't we seen enough of giving up an arm and a leg for other peoples back up quarterbacks? Not just here in houston with matt schaub but around the league too? It never works out. I'd rather take my chances with starting fresh and just drafting a qb with the top pick.

4. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

So we should delay the trade for Cousins until 2018?

5. hairyme

hairyme Member

Wow, this "revisiting" is markedly different from the other thread saying the same things about Kirk Cousins...

6. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

why is this thread different from the one just below? :confused:

7. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

8. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Good to see this topic from a new angle...I didnt see it from this perspective previously.

9. The Cat

To be fair, this thread hasn't been hijacked by the village idiot yet. Just saying, that has some value in and of itself. :grin:

1 person likes this.
  10. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

i think the texans deserve a qb like kirk cousins or derek carr lol

11. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

You were saying?

12. The Cat

Insert Bill Worrell jinx commentary. My bad.

13. FV Santiago

FV Santiago Member

Listen to Bob McNair. He said that this team was not going to have a long rebuilding process. Bringing in a 22 year old quarterback who has never thrown a pass in the NFL is not consistent with a quick rebuilding process. This team has several all pro talents (Watt, Brown, Foster, Johnson, Cushing) to build around now. That is more pieces than most NFL teams have. Kirk Cousins makes much more sense for this roster and is a much safer play than an unknown rookie at a high bust-rate position.

Listen to Bob McNair.

14. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Have we not learned anything from the Matt Flynn fiasco?

You don't anything of worth for a QB that put up numbers in one or two games. Especially against a bad defense (not to mention still throwing 2 INTs vs that defense). I'd give up a 3rd rounder next year for him, tops.

15. Nook

Nook Member

We have listened to Bob for 10 years too long.

16. Cannonball

But that might be an old way of thinking. San Francisco, Seattle, Washington, and Indianapolis all made the playoffs last year while being led by young QBs in their first year of playing time. Cincinnati did the same when Dalton was a rookie and Detroit made its first playoff appearance in over a decade in Stafford's first year. It's very possible that McNair would look at that and believe a rookie QB can both be a short term fix as well as a long term answer.

17. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

If he's not looking for Bridgewater, then Im guessing he has his eyes set on Cutler.

18. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

The Texans can't muster enough money under the cap for Cutler, and I would be greatly surprised if Chicago doesn't.

Two seconds for Cousins seems doable, but I think you get a lot more buzz and hope from the fan base with Teddy; and really he is more highly regarded than Cousins ever was.

19. FV Santiago

FV Santiago Member

The list of teams who brought in rookie QBs who have done poorly is lengthy. None of those teams that you listed had success in the playoffs with the lone exception being San Francisco. McNair doesn't view a playoff berth as a successful season. We've been there very recently and have not felt fulfilled. He wants a title. He's old and impatient. He doesn't buy green bananas. Don't expect a rookie QB to take the reigns.

20. Cannonball

OK, how much success did teams who traded for another teams backup QB have?