1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kirk Cousins as Schaub's future successor?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by robroy77, Dec 17, 2012.

1. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

On rare occasions some guys will fall because of lack of measurables like Russell Wilson.

2. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I've been talking to friends about Cousins since last year. I would love to see it happen. I'm not so sure he won't be the guy in Washington when it's all said and done though.

3. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I really believe Kubiak is more comfortable with fresh QBs than veteran QBs. I don't think TY Yates is going anywhere, if Kube is around unless McNair wants his QB. If we had RG3, our offense would be setting records all over. Pass-action play, it would be ankles breaking.

4. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

That's just stupid.

5. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Y NO Case Keenans? lols

You took the Matt Flynn reference was gonna say

Cousins might be another Matt Schaub, playing well in place of dynamic speedster QB, goes on to star on other team.

Or he could another Matt Cassel, simply servicable. Too early to say.

You do have to target available talent, the ones in college or the ones ALREADY in the league. So Cousins at least gets put in the "watch list"

Generally I think of "successors" as being like Andrew Luck, Aaron Rodgers, even Kevin Kolb behind McNabb, on the younger side of 20s, and older players are more just replacements. Cousins is 24, a little older for a rookie coming in like TJ Yates was. Schaub was 26 when he started with the Texans. If its 2016 when Cousins leaves, he'll be 28. There's many QBs who've gotten late starts though.

Main thing is the Shanahan connection, can't overlook that too much

6. 713

713 Member

What makes you guy think Kubes will be here 2016-17?

So premature it's not even worth speculating.

7. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Cuz he's a winner brah.

8. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

drew brees is 33 and just signed a 5-year extension with the saints. it will expire when hes 39 as it does not start until next season. you want a 40 year old brees???

9. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Ask Bob McNair, I think he treats Kube as his son.

10. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

some people were clamoring for 40 year old Bret Favre so i wouldn't be surprised.