1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kawhi is 100x better than harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htowngenius, Jun 7, 2019.

1. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

isn't there an age limit on this forum, you must be 12

bmelo likes this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden needs to demand a trade for real...he can go and try to team up with other great players to get a ring as we fall back into irrelevancy

I wonder how Curry would be viewed if he was in a HOU situation and not always on an incredibly stacked team. What did he do tonight? Not a damn thing...

3. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

agree, CP is on that boat as well.

CP unfortunately isn't good anymore, but he still has more heart that harden.

4. HP3

HP3 Member

This whole thread is filled with a bunch of clown posts and you wanna call me out. May not have been the most mature post but there is a lot of garbage being posted in here. Sorry I dont like to see trash.

5. HP3

HP3 Member

Bro, you post this and then you try to call me out before...cmon now LOL.

6. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

I hate curry, but the guy will sacrifice touches for winning. hes all about winning. James spends his energy in the regular season putting up useless stats to not do anything in the playoffs.
    Curry has won ships and made big plays. harden dribbles too much, takes bad shots, and his teammates seem to agree

7. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

dont forget last year, he was hitting the big shots down the stretch when harden was again dribbling and shying away from greatness.

8. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

It is an unfair comparison. Physically Kawhi has better advantage when it comes to defense and inside offensive game. His wide body and larger wingspan makes it harder for opponents to defend him.

Secondly, basketball is a team sport. If a team does not do good it becomes easy for people to point fingers at a particular player which is what you are doing indirectly.

Also, James Harden did not have the luxury of having 2 vocal team leaders like Lowry & Gasol. They both are great passers and playmakers. Rockets also did not have 2 bigs like Pascal & Ibaka who can create their own shots inside. Capella cant use his body and create his own shots, or he chooses not to or does not know how to or gets ignored in developing this aspect since coach is too focused on guards and shooters. He needs passers like Harden to flourish. Then there’s other role players like Green & VanVleet that got significant playing time and made terrific contribution.

Finally, GM of the Rockets built the team around what D’Antoni wanted, which is 3-point shooters and someone that takes the load off Harden. So that is what Harden got as his supporting cast in Gordon, Green, House and CP3 etc. Hell even CP3 became better 3-pt shooter it seems with Rockets but nothing else. Downfall of the Rockets is the coach. D’Antoni wanted the players he got for this 3-point strategy and it just has not worked in the playoffs. Even Harden forgot to use his midrange game under D’Antoni. Rockets bench got weak under D’Antoni as players that made some impact would probably get shutdown the next game, such as Fariend, House, Nene etc. He had no consistency with substitutions and under-utilised their strengths and forced them to play his singular 3-point strategy. Harden had to put up 30-40 pts in order to have a chance to win when 3-points were not working overall as a team. Harden is bound to get exhausted when so much load is put on him offensively.

Problem is not Harden. Rarely team can get player of his caliber and it is organisations job to surround him with proper players and coach that can use multiple strategies to get the W.

That being said, I would still choose Kawhi over Harden only because he’s a better defender but you replace Harden with Kawhi in Raptors and I predict a similar outcome because overall Raptors has good players and hence a good team.

MajorSeanBond and bballjunkie like this.
  9. PWR

PWR Member

All I see is Harden bashing. The guy that single handedly got us into a top 4 seed.

Meanwhile, Chris Paul is the highest paid player on this team...any barely gets any mention.

The 2nd highest paid player averages 36 ppg. The highest paid player averages 15 ppg. Let's pile on the guy dropping 36 every night...lol.

This is insanity.

Compare Kawhi to CP3.

10. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

Harden in the regular season is one of the most clutch players, it tells me he has the ability to be the best player in the league.

its so frustrating to see him play great but not legendary like he has the ability to.
    comparable to TMAC

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I agree Harden is better than Kawhi, but Kawhi's mentality boooooooy. Put Kawhi's mentality into Harden's body.. good night.. Harden has all the skills, he just has to want to be a Serial Killer.

Before the Finals series, even when Vegas gave GSW overwhelming odds, I knew Kawhi was going to beast it because he really does not give a f-ck about anything. He doesn't care about refs, dynasties, location, the salaries of his supporting cast.. he is out there to hoop.

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You’re out of your mind kid. Kawhi is only 2X better.

He’s the best player on a team about to beat the Warriors in a series

Harden has never done that.

DreamShook likes this.
  13. cdxiong

cdxiong Contributing Member

Kawhi has a full package, his defense is always at top and is an unbelievable offensive talent. Combined with cold blooded demeanor, he is definitely one of the greatest all time.

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Kawhi is the single reason that Ibaka, Lowry and Siakam are playing better than just about anyone on our team

Rocket River

15. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

we go as far as harden takes us. What curry did to us the final couple of minutes, that should've been harden

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

CP3 is not the best player on the team no matter how much he is getting paid.

BeardSanity likes this.
  17. cbs1507

cbs1507 Member

Knee jerk threads are great. Congrats to Raptors if they pull it off, but let's not act like the Raptors weren't gifted an ENTIRE series with no KD plus no Klay in game 3. The Rockets just had 1 game plus the 4th quarter of game 5.

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  18. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

"I dont play here ball and I play for the fans... I play to win". Kawhi Leonard..

All you need to know about Kawhi

T_Man

J.R. likes this.
  19. mastan

mastan Member

Harden doesn't have all the skills, he has no air movement...cannot adjust in the air. He doesn't have the skill or willingness to play off the ball sometimes.

20. HP3

HP3 Member

I agree with Cp3 being great last year, but what about this series where Harden put up the best stats and was going toe to toe with Durant. 4 quarters in a basketball game man.