1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kahn Confirms Al Jefferson Rumors

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by coldsweat, Jun 26, 2010.

1. coldsweat

coldsweat Member

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_15381451?nclick_check=1

In this article, the Timberwolves GM confirms that Al Jefferson is on the trading block, which I could maybe understand because of his injury history and sharing Kevin Love's position. But Kahn's reason for placing him on the trading block is because they want to re-sign Darko Milicic, and Milicic wants an assurance that he will be given substantial playing time if he re-signs.

How idiotic is that reasoning? According to the article, the T-Wolves also plan on signing Nikola Pekovic, a promising overseas center. You can start Al Jefferson at center, Kevin Love at forward, and then have Pekovic play significant back-up minutes. Who cares if Jefferson isn't a traditional center, it's a rarity in this NBA. And he can still slide to power forward when Pekovic is in the game.

Why ruin this possibility by re-signing Milicic? My suspicion is that Kahn likes him because he is more of a traditional center. Even if he played impressively during his stint there (although I don't see it in the stats, 8 points and 6 rebounds per game), the dude has been inconsistent throughout his career. And he's been given several changes of scenery.

Maybe Jefferson is thrilled about the possibility of being traded, because Kahn will never build a winning franchise.

2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Way to show your hand, Kahn.

[​IMG]

WHOA! THREE ACES!

1 person likes this.
  3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Effing BA. Repped.

4. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Darko's seriously trying to call the shots?

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Kahn is really dumb.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Almost as dumb as trading Kevin Martin for the purpose of giving Chase Budinger playing time.

7. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I like to give Kahn some time and slack because when Wallace first traded Gasol to LA I thought he was a moron and it appears he is actually a decent GM. Kahn however is making it more and more difficult to do that, I get trading Jefferson but this is his reasoning???

8. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

DM needs to get in there and steal rubio from this moron kahn.

i think morey and kahn's negotiations would go something like this:

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3oKwg6W05MU&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3oKwg6W05MU&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

9. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

wow thank god ur not the GM :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

10. itony

itony Member

ummm.....what? :confused:

so you would trade kevin to give cbud extended playing time?

11. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

I just don't know what to think about Kahn anymore. I'm not going to bother with him till I see what he can do in free agency.

12. worzel gummidge

Chris Wallace is the Grizzlies GM.

13. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Yea, when Chris Wallace traded Gasol from the Griz to the Lakers I thought he was the worst GM of all time but now he doesn't look that bad which is why I wanted to give Kahn a break and see how they look in a few years before killing him.

14. Num1RoXfaN

Num1RoXfaN Member

This guy is an idiot..He was on NBA TV after the draft and clearly stated that they will NOT trade Al Jefferson. Most r****ded GM in NBA history, i hate this guy. I swear if he could get a GM job in the NBA than i can most certainly get one.

15. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Kahn is a salesman, he has been hyping up this offseason as turning point for the Wolves all year long and most fans bought it. One step in and many are already souring over him. Maybe he knows what he is doing with the Wes over Cousins move and the Webster deal but right now I'm just staying mutual until free agency is over.

By the way Darko isn't actually that bad, in his time in Minnesota he was somewhat productive and showcased some potential.

16. TheGoldenGreek

Honestly, this post got me thinking how much I wish the Rockets could get their hands on Nikola Pekovic. He seems really solid and would satisfy a need at backup center...

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

It's amazing what happens to guys in contract years. Let's see what Darko does once he signs another guaranteed contract.

18. scola4

scola4 Member

Im all for the Rockets making a run at Jefferson if all other plans fail. I think he is due for a big year. He was considered one of the best big men in basketball before his injury and he will finally be back to full strength next season. Good time for Morey to steal him away from this idiot.

Jeffries+Battier+1st round pick for Jefferson??

19. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Thing is Darko wasn't worried about his next NBA paycheck, he was already packing his bags to return to Europe before Minny gave him an opportunity. Besides I'm pretty sure he would be getting a Josh Childress sized contract from a Euroleague team.

Anyways I'm trying to defend Darko, I just felt he showed some potential to grow and might be a decent player down the road. The contract I would give him to return is one that a Euro team could easily beat.

20. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Almost as smart as trading shane battier for the purpose of giving Chase Budinger playing time