1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Josh Innes is back, this time with 790

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Jimmy Chitwood, Oct 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimmy Chitwood

Brace yourselves.

2. opticon

opticon Member

Is Charlie getting moved?

3. Jimmy Chitwood

Charlie got canned.

4. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

i dont know much about 790, i just started listening last year. I like how Charlie would accept calls about the rockets during basketball season. Is this Josh Innes guy a rockets fan

5. Jimmy Chitwood

You're in for a treat. Don't wanna ruin your first Josh Innes experience. :D

6. TheresTheDagger

Wow, if Charlie is out and Innes is in....the 790 folks must have lost their minds...

Creepy Crawl likes this.
  7. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Did 790 lose their minds?

Letting go of Charlie P.? That, in itself is a HUGE mistake. He is one of the few radio hosts capable of talking about all sports. He'll hit across the three major ones (evenly) and even spread in some of the lesser talked about sports like hockey, soccer, tennis, etc. He was the best host on 790AM when it came to mixing in callers and talking about sport events. This is a huge loss for 790.

But then to replace him with Josh Innes of all people?! Wow this is horrific. Josh Innes was never a fan of the Rockets, even less so with Morey. But when the Rockets changed stations from 610 to 790, he spent the last few months of his tenure at 610 absolutely bashing and smearing the Rockets any chance he got. He was terrible, loud, obnoxious and snobby the last time he was here and I'm not confident he will be any better this time round.

Seriously, wtf.

Corrosion likes this.
  8. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Josh Innes' own partner at 610, didn't even like him. There are some infamous back and forth between Morey and Innes. Morey was very annoyed with Innes.

http://chirb.it/rz1gOv

9. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Wow. This Innes guy sounds terrible. I don't live in Houston but I feel for you haha

10. finsraider

finsraider Member

Loved Pallilo. Sounds like they went style over substance to see if they could bump up ratings. See ya 790.

11. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Don't worry , Innes will ruin it for him ..... I wish he would go away and never return.

More like stupid over substance .... I find it difficult to believe he got another gig in Houston radio. Maybe he's paying 790 instead of them paying him ... (sarcasm)

12. vince

vince Member

Serious suck coming 790's way. It's going to be all dude talk, and a splash of Houston sports here and there, with no substance. I seriously changed the station off of 610 for the tenure he was there. I don't like his style.

13. vick

vick Member

This guy is horrible. He would hang up on people ' Just a loud mouth. Several people called in to kick his ass. I quit listening to 610. Charlie Pallilo knows about all sports. Just a stupid move on 790 sports.

14. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Josh Innes really really sux . . .

15. SkareKrow

SkareKrow Member

Not a fan. So now, the Prpoer Gentleman ofmSports will talk football 6-10, In the Trenches 10-12, The Bottom Line 12-3, and now Innes 3-7. All talk win be completely around the Texans all day, everyday. Might as well call it Texans 790. I wish they would get a former Rocket to get his own show. .

Eric Riley likes this.
  16. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

the texans are so mediocre as well, they arent winning anything anytime soon. I dont understand the point of talking texans all day. its stupid, all they do is bash clowney and say he's not watt. Like who cares, your owner keeps selecting mediocre qbs and you idiot fans blame rick smith. you dont think rick smith want teddy or prescott. Its Bob McNair who has final say on all decisions especially regarding the qb, the texans get what they deserve

17. plee

plee Member

Not really sure what to think of the move but Josh was someone who you either hated or liked nothing in between, sort of like Howard Stern.

18. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Ugh. Innes was like a local Skip Bayless. Yellow press hardcore. What the hell happened with Charlie?! He was good but perhaps there was an argument over money. He probably was the highest paid guy in Houston sports radio...

19. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

from what i understand if you like the texans you'll like this josh guy, unfornately im not a texans fan

20. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Clutchfans - Let's do our part and what's right for Houston. This means boycotting 790 until they get rid of this racist Josh.

You fire arguably the most knowledgeable sports personality in Houston in Charlie P and replace him with this moron? **** 790, **** Josh Anus.

#makehoustonsportsradiogreatagain

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.