1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

john lucas jr what happened to him?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by MykTek, Jan 8, 2005.

1. MykTek

MykTek Member

anyone know anything on what is happening to him? i knew last yr was his last season at OSU, and he didn't get drafted....his he in Europe or something???? did searches and found nothin....

2. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

He is currently a senior at OSU and likely wont get drafted due horrible defense and strength.

3. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Don't forget he is probablty smaller than Andre Barrett too.

4. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

He might go undrafted or even be a late second round pick but i think he will eventually sign a small contract to try out with a team. never know he could make it but he isn't all that great.

5. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

Because someone HAS to nitpick, it's technically John Lucas III.

Agreed with rikesh316 about his defense. It's a shame too because he's exciting as hell.

6. RocketsFAN3035

I really have nothing to add to this thread, but, I love college hoops and so I had to post.

Yes John Lucas III is still at Stillwater, OK playing for the OK ST.

Remember that three he stuck in the Elite 8 game that ended the magnificant run of Jammer Nelson and St. Joe's?? That was a heck of a game.

He'll probablly get drafted, late 2nd round, maybe even first round. I think some team will way over rate the fact that he has the NBA predigrie (daddy played for or ROX). They do that now. I mean look at Dunleavy Jr. He won't even be as good as Danny Ferry (and I'm a Duke fan!)

7. dumbholly

dumbholly Member

would look awfully nice in a rockets jersey

8. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

I don't know much about him as a player today, but I once played against him in a YMCA tournament when I was younger. He was pretty quick, small even back then, but I blocked him from behind on a break-away fast break (think T. Prince vs. R. Miller in playoffs last year). We made it to the championship game against his team and had to beat them twice (double elimination and they were undefeated) to win it all, and we did it! :)

9. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I like his game and his heart...His frame reminds me of TJ Ford...Should go in 2nd round...

10. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

Man, when that dude was at Baylor he was in my economics class. He used to cheat off all of us sitting in the vicinity of him. He got caught one time, and nothing happened to him. Same thing happened with another student, got caught cheating on a test, he was put on probation. Not fair, plus watching most of the games he played when he was at Baylor, the dude was exciting but not NBA material.

11. sime0n

sime0n Member

yeah...2nd rounder i'm thinking. depends on his play during hte tourney.

i heard his little brother playing at bellaire right now is supposed to be better than him..

12. jbond77

jbond77 Contributing Member

lucas III can hit big shots and doesn§t have the nose for a true cocaine habit, osu is a team waiting for people to pick off, probably the best team in the country, graham would be your best pick

look at how tony allen is playing