1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Joey Dorsey... Just hear me out!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Cstyle42, Dec 20, 2016.

1. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Actually, it's not that bad of an idea to sign Dorsey for the next couple months. We made the WCF with him starting for half the year and he probably hasn't taken much wear and tear onto his body since then. Duct-Tape Dorsey to the rescue.

DreamShook likes this.
  2. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Don't think Dorsey's too happy about all the sh*t talk Morey did in Michael Lewis's book.

DreamShook likes this.
  3. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

Says the man that makes pointless threads himself

4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well now you've gone and hurt my feelings. sniff

Unfriend

5. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

6. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Someone phone Derek Andersen!

7. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Bring over zhoull Chee.

8. jayfree

jayfree Member

Can we get Lisa Leslie

9. {icebox425}

{icebox425} Member

What about Pops Mensah-Bonsu?! At least we'd occasionally make the ESPN highlight reel!

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Joey Dorsey gets so much hate it's pretty ridiculous, especially since he hardly played. Sure he isn't an all-star talent, but I think he really helped the Rockets in Harden's MVP* year. I remember Joey won a couple games with his defense. I remember Dwight was getting absolutely toasted by Gasol in a Memphis game; Joey came in and locked down Gasol and Rocket won because of it.

I know this is a joke thread, but Dorsey as a 0 calorie, diet Capela isn't so far fetched. Lobs and defense that all you need playing alongside Harden.

11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

agreed, but Joey Dorsey is the one mistake Murray will admit to . . . so it probably ain't gonna happen.

http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/...conomics_to_revolutionize_the_art_of_nba.html

That year the Rockets had the 25th pick in the draft and used it to pick a big guy from the University of Memphis named Joey Dorsey. In his job interview, Dorsey had been funny and likable and charming—he’d said when he was done playing basketball he intended to explore a second career as a p*rn star. After he was drafted, Dorsey was sent to Santa Cruz to play in an exhibition game against other newly drafted players. Morey went to go see him. “The first game I watch he looks terrible,” said Morey. “And I’m like, ‘****!!!!’” Joey Dorsey was so bad that Daryl Morey could not believe he was watching the guy he’d drafted. Perhaps, Morey thought, he wasn’t taking the exhibition seriously. “I meet with him. We have a two-hour lunch.” Morey gave Dorsey a long talk about the importance of playing with intensity, and making a good impression, and so on. “I think he’s going to come out the next game with his hair on fire. And he comes out and sucks the next game, too.” Fairly quickly, Morey saw he had a bigger problem than Joey Dorsey. The problem was his model. “Joey Dorsey was a model superstar. The model said that he was like a can’t-miss. His signal was super, super high.”​

12. bigred77

bigred77 Member

The model was so nice we signed him twice ;)

13. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

At almost 100yrs old, I bet Mutombo could still play 10-15 min. a game! :cool:

Get'r done MAURICE!

14. Gorki

Gorki Member

Come on, we need Dalembert!

15. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

give me money, just hear me out. each of you send me 10k through paypal, sell your houses, condos, cars, ipads, tvs, w/e. i'll take the money and do w/e i want with it. i think its a good deal.

16. jae713

jae713 Member

The Ray Lewis of basketball.

17. ptealixpaint

ptealixpaint Member

I was literally going to type "no" without reading anything, then I read the first two words.

WELL PLAYED TROLL.

18. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Contributing Member

Im fairly certain Charles Jones was in his 60's when he last suited up for the Rockets. He could get a rebound then so im fairly certain he could get a rebound now in his 80's.

19. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

I've got a specific Joey Dorsey sequence in my head that I can't seem to find. Joey may have blocked the shot, grabbed the rebound and started the fastbreak on his own, did a spin move and threw a nutmeg bounce pass to a trailing wing. The Game Thread was going wild, somebody has to remember this.

Also bonus: the Corey Brewer clip from the Nets game where he tried spinning around his defender like 4 times with nowhere to go only to wet a stepback jumper from the corner.

20. Landsdale

Landsdale Member

We absolutely need Bobby Brown in that bubble for team morale