1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Jimmy Butler Wants To Play For Miami

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AKVerse47, Jun 30, 2019.

1. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Why does he include "not that this means anything"? Some sort of hedge? Weird tweet.

JK0nG, BigMaloe and TheRealAllpro like this.
  2. Manos

Manos Member

I say save the gloom-n-doom until he actually signs somewhere, just my 2¢

seclusion likes this.
  3. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

I got an idea. Edit this video and everytime they say Miami have someone dub over it saying Galveston. That should get Jimmy here.

rhee likes this.
  4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I haven't read the last few pages, but how do we know that Riley isn't pushing "Butler to Miami" himself? Has Butler come right out and flatly said, "I'm signing with Miami?"

5. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Because the biggest question is not Butler's level of interest, but whether Miami can put together a suitable trade for Philly that works within the salary cap

dc rock likes this.
  6. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Because Butler may just be doing it to pressure Philly into giving him a 5 year max. Butler has already named Miami as a preffered trade destination in the past. So him saying it now really isn't anything new. Butler has also listed the Knicks and nets previously, which again doesn't jive with choosing "winning". Not that there's is anything wrong with that imo.

amaru likes this.
  7. mockster

mockster Member

I’m not buying it, unless he took a major U turn and was swayed by the lifestyle of Miami.

Plus I highly doubt he’s made a firm decision since he’s still meeting with Houston

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  8. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

As long as he doesnt go to GSW and Durant announces going somewhere else. I'm honestly pretty content. Lakers are my new team to hate on. Feels good after 5 years.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  9. Vivi

Vivi Member

Everything seems so negative at this point that for some reason my hope is rising :eek:

Rasheed, AroundTheWorld and ElPigto like this.
  10. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

I agree. Let's ride this thing til the wheels fall off (or if the meeting gets canceled)

mockster likes this.
  11. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

It's an opt out in case Jimmy goes elsewhere

12. malakas

malakas Member

anyone knows what time he will meet with Riley? Tomorrow morning or afternoon?

13. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

What u turn? Miami was one of his preffered destination back in 2018 along with the clippers, Knicks and nets as reported by woj. https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...esota-timberwolves-accept-revised-butler-deal

14. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Have you seen the women there? I'd go to Miami too

mockster likes this.
  15. mrstriker316

mrstriker316 Member

today at 6

malakas likes this.
  16. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Today probably in an hour and 30 minutes.

malakas likes this.
  17. jasonmurray29

jasonmurray29 Member

I think a lot of season ticket holders don’t show up. I just don’t understand how he goes to Miami over us? The Lakers I would understand. But the heat?

18. mockster

mockster Member

Idk about this report but I know for a fact Butler wanted to come to Houston while he was on wolves. Him and harden were talking heavily about it. I’m not saying he didn’t mind going to those other locations but butler was very high on rockets.

19. CCorn

CCorn Member

Anywhere local I can get a custom rockets jersey in the next 2 hours so I can put Morey on the back and burn it at 6:01?

Ty

20. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

I dont recall any report that has Butler listing Houston, maybe I missed it. But as my link shows, Woj as well as sham and others have reported on Butlers interest in Miami this past year as well as when he was with the Bulls. Also the list of preferred teams was released by his agents to the Timberwolves.

Again this tweet, doesn't really mean anything as the reporter stated. Butlers interest in the Heat is known. Just like his interest in the Knicks, Nets and whomever else. It might just be a ploy to push Philly or it might not. It might lead to a deal or it might not. Hence the writer stating, it doesnt mean anything.

#200 blahblehblah, Jun 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2019