1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jimmy Butler requested a trade

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by bratna8, Sep 19, 2018.

1. RightTooCensor

I have a hard time seeing the logic of why fans would value players like Frank from the Knicks and Shai from the Clippers over Jimmy Butler when he wants to re-sign, recruit star players, and win.

2. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Because as good as Jimmy Butler is no one is coming to the Knicks or any other team to play with him. He's not a cornerstone, he's a piece. If Butler is your first or even second best player you're still garbage.

Sajan and hakeem94 like this.
  3. RightTooCensor

Why wouldn't star players want to team up with a talent and worker like Jimmy Butler? He certainly gets high praise and love from his All-Star caliber peers. If he goes to the Knicks and gets Kyrie Irving or Kevin Durant to join him, you instantly become one of the teams that can come out the East and fight for a championship.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

Kyrie seems to have something to say about that

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Poor Porzingis. Was like just a year ago he was one of the Top 3 biggest up-and-comers wonders in the league. Seems many all-stars would consider that a destination like TMac did Yao. Imagine if and second one was already there. A third would go, too?

Porzingis suddenly being set aside and forgotten, in order to trash MSG as a bad option.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

I think the injuries and his most recent acl tear have slowed down the hype with KP a bit. But if JB, Kyrie, KP form a core in NY coupled with some of their young pieces. That's not a bad team to compete at all in the east.

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

I've heard Nets and two max free agents space so many times since the 90's. There has to be more to write about in New Jersey.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. JuNx

JuNx Contributing Member

Sajan likes this.
  10. bratna8

bratna8 Member

They have 3 days to decide or have a circus on Tuesday.

JuNx and hakeem94 like this.
  11. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Porzingis is a good player, but...this is the Knicks we're talking about.

12. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

If...if...if...if...

Why do you think Durant is going to leave one of the greatest teams in the history of basketball to play with Jimmy Butler on one of the most poorly managed teams in the NBA?

Irving...you're assuming he wants out of Boston.

So many Ifs. Jimmy Butler is good but you're clearly overrating him.

13. heypartner

Players don't look at Madison Square Garden with a budding Superstar and think, Dolan sucks, I can't do anything with that.

That's a fan comment....and it is typically about how they never have caproom, and draft poorly. Well they drafted a stud, and have caproom finally....Dolan be damned.

The comment I was originally responding to was someone (you?) saying Irving wouldn't be interested in the Knicks just because Butler got traded there. Well, it would be Butler and Porzingis, at that point...with caproom. Not even Dolan could screw up Porzingis, Irving and Butler ... only injuries could....but Philly/Embiid has worse issues wrt that.

I don't see how we can talk about Knicks with Porzingis and caproom in the same dismissive way as Nets and Clippers (which is more deserved).

14. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

See that is not what I said at all, you misinterpreted what I said. What I said was is people aren't going to the Knicks just to play with Jimmy Butler. He's not LeBron, he's not Curry, he's not Harden.

What I also said was is if Butler is your first or second best player you are still a **** team, and I stand by that. If he goes to NY with just him and Porzingis this is still an average ass team at best. They're not winning ECF or any other pipe dream bs.

If IF IF the Knicks somehow got Butler and Irving, then obviously all bets are off but that's a lot of big ifs.

15. heypartner

That statement above is exactly what I'm discussing...I'm not misinterpreting it. We just disagree...it's all cool.

"Peeople aren't going to the Knicks just to play with Jimmy Butler." It would be *Porzingis* and Butler. You keep saying just Butler. With Porzingis and Bulter and caproom another all-star will treat Knicks caproom much differently that Nets and Clippers.

16. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

You're missing the point. It's fine. If you join a team where Butler is (based off rumors) making $30m/yr, your ceiling is low imo.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. heypartner

If I'm missing a point, then it's because you aren't describing the current state of the Knicks correctly. You are leaving out Porzingis in the "just to play with Bulter" comment, to make some point, no? Kinda pointless to leave Porzingis out.

That comment works for Nets and Clippers, but not Knicks.

18. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

You're really hung up on Porzingis and conveniently enough only quoted the part that fit what you're fixated on. Read the other sentence on that post and you'll have your point. That's my last post on the subject.