1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin as a Pekin Duck

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mig0s, Aug 27, 2019.

1. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

Yes...not sure why you’d think this belonged in a K-pop thread if they aren’t Korean.

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Yeah, so Lin's marketing consultant wanted Lin to play in China rather than Europe because Euros don't care about Lin whereas the Chinese provide a huge marketing opportunity. Thanks for clearing that up stable genius.

3. yoeddy

dude...you really can’t read, can you? Lin’s marketing person wanted him to “weigh other options”, as in the offers from Russia, Israel and the Euro League, but Lin already decided he just wanted to play for the Ducks. It’s right there in her quote. Not sure how else to explain this to you.

4. CometsWin

Right. English. Marketing CEO. English.

“We’ve known that it probably wouldn’t be Europe, even if Europe gives us a better chance to go back to the NBA. I think he knows that,” Sun explained. “China is the best next step,” she said."

He chose marketing over basketball. Show me that article and parse it out for me another four or five more times. Go ahead.

#104 CometsWin, Nov 3, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
  5. yoeddy

Omg...are you really that dense? The marketing CEO wanted him to choose Europe because it offers a better chance to get back to the NBA, which would be a better overall global marketing opportunity. She wanted to stop him from announcing his signing with the Ducks because she wanted him to consider playing in Europe for this reason. Instead, he decided to forego the global marketing opportunities and just play in the CBA. In this statement, she is expressing her understanding of Lin's decision to play in China. Is this really so hard to comprehend?

#105 yoeddy, Nov 3, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
  6. mig0s

mig0s Member

Lin scored 25 points in the first game of the season. Which is equals to approx. 2 points in the NBA

tinman and yoeddy like this.
  7. yoeddy

8. CometsWin

English. OMG.

"“My agent said if you really want to return to the NBA the best way is with these very good Euro League teams,” he said. But that was not the path he chose."

Boring.

tinman likes this.
  9. yoeddy

OMG is right!

Yes...Lin's agent told him to consider the Euro League teams. So did his head of marketing, who told Lin to wait on announcing his choice of the CBA in order to consider other options. LIN chose to play for Beijing. That was the entire point of the article. I don't know how to spell it out any clearer to you.

You should stop while you're behind...

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's obvious Lin cares about his brand and money more than real competition
    I'm sure he could have signed a minimum deal, which is par for a 3rd string point guard in the nba

but he sees himself as superstar

and so does his demented fans who spam team boards because they idolize him

@Zboy

11. tinman

Supporting Member

dude,
    LOFs want Lin sexually.

This should answer your question on why they act like this

12. yoeddy

If he cared more about his brand and money, he would have gone to the Euro League with the goal of getting back to the NBA sooner. As it is, going to the CBA pretty much ends any chance he has of getting back to the NBA.

At this point, Lin just wants to have fun and play. It's not about the money or being a 3rd string bench player who only gets on the court when it's a blowout...after everything that he's done, that is probably just not all that interesting to him. He doesn't view himself as a superstar, but he does view himself more than an end-of-the-bench player...and at his age, he'd rather go somewhere where he can play and have fun rather than wonder every game if he's going to get on the court.

9 year NBA career is pretty good. Doesn't need any more.

13. tinman

Supporting Member

LOFs worship Lin so much that they spam legit sports fan bases with their lust for him

14. tinman

Supporting Member

15. tinman

Supporting Member

Dude you are now fantasizing what Lin is thinking by what you are thinking

@CometsWin

Lin went to China because he told a mega church and social media that he hit Rock Bottom because nobody wanted to sign him in the nba to his perceived worth

he was crying like a little toddler who didn’t get what he wants

@Zboy

that’s your idol

stop being a LOF
    I think dogs and cats look down on you

#115 tinman, Nov 4, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
  16. CometsWin

Biggest passive aggressive backup point guard drama queen ever.

Zboy and tinman like this.
  17. tinman

Supporting Member

what about his fans fantascizing Lin's thoughts to make it seem more dignified and less embarrassing?

Lin CRIED in a HOUSE OF GOD, saying he HIT ROCK BOTTOM cause the NBA WON'T PAY HIM ANYMORE.

18. yoeddy

Yes...Lin went to China because he hit rock bottom regarding his career in the NBA. As he said, he felt like the NBA had given up on him. So instead of trying to do all this stuff to get back to the NBA, he decided to put the NBA in his rear view mirror and go play in China where he said was something he always wanted to do.

See here: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/28/sports/jeremy-lin-signs-china.html

Specifically: “I’ve always known that my journey in some ways would end in China, that I would come back here and take the experiences that I had growing up in America,” he told Radii. “The N.B.A. training and the concept of a student athlete, a lot of these different things that I’ve learned through my childhood and my N.B.A. experiences — I want to be able to help as many kids as I can in China.”

I am not a LOF...never have been. Am a basketball fan, a Nets fan, a Yao fan, a Lin fan, and a fan of many other players.

19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

lol @ Airemy just wanting to have fun and play. Not like the scrub had a choice.

Not a single NBA team gave him a contract even though he kept waiting for one.

Meanwhile, Pat Beverley signed another contact with a contender.

lulz...

tinman and CometsWin like this.
  20. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

He is an embarrassment and he thinks he is repping the Asians.

[​IMG]

tinman likes this.