1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin as a Pekin Duck

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mig0s, Aug 27, 2019.

1. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

All that stuff is in the past, and there's no new information that would shed any light on any of this. So let's just focus on the newest news...that Lin has decided to leave the CBA in order to make a full effort to get back to the NBA. He played well enough in the CBA to be considered one of that league's better players and that his knee injury seems to be recovered and sturdy, and his NBA experience is still relevant to a team looking for a veteran backup guard. On top of that, his marketing appeal to the Asian and Asian-American market might be appealing to teams as every NBA team has suffered financial loss because of COVID-19. Odds are that his agent has seen interest from NBA teams, otherwise Lin would not have made this public decision to leave the CBA imho.

2. Nook

Nook Member

Jeremy Lin has the reputation of being soft and lacking confidence. I don't think teams are going to be lining up to sign him to play in the NBA.

Invisible Fan and tinman like this.
  3. adoo

adoo Member

i didn't, so don't put words in my mouth.

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

then what was you point for not saying he was Northern Section Division II POTY ... one of 40 California POTY in 2006.

tinman likes this.
  5. adoo

adoo Member

the past history serves to illustrate why fools like tinman'd conveniently scapgoate JLin for the stupid decision by Morey.

last yr, no NBA was interested in Lin.

Lin is one year older, i doubt any NBA team would even invite him to camp

6. adoo

adoo Member

u did read the part about

Mike Montgomery, the then-coach of California, admitting that race was the factor that he didn't recruit Lin, the local high school standout, no?

fwiw, Mark Madsen played high school ball in that area, was not named player of the year; he got a scholarship from Mike Montgomery, when he was coaching at Stanford

#686 adoo, Sep 17, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
  7. yoeddy

I think that reputation is mostly among fans. I remember when he played in Houston, the joke was that he would play his best when he got a bloody nose (or that time he got that huge welt on his head). His reputation in high school, college, the Knicks, Hornets, Nets and Atlanta he was regarded as tough by his coaches and teammates.
    Last year, there were questions about whether Lin's knee injury was full recovered, and his performance with Toronto seemed to indicate that the physical toll had caught up with him. Perhaps his play in the CBA answered some of those questions. Or maybe it didn't. Will be interesting to see if someone shows enough interest to work him out and sign him.

8. adoo

adoo Member

:rolleyes: don't be ridiculous

why did Jimmer Ferdette, who had dominated competition in the CBA, left to play in Greece?
    he realizes that he needs to play against stronger competition in order to impress NBA scouts/GM

9. heypartner

Mike Montgomery was not the coach of California when Lin graduated HS. He was Head Coach of the Golden State Warriors, ffs

And next time, don't say Lin was "the Califorinia BB player of the year." There is no "the" about it. He was one of 40.

If you're going to say race was the reason Stanford, Cali or UCLA didn't give him a scholarship, I'm not going to argue, because I don't know. But get your "supporting" facts straight, and maybe more people will listen to you.

tinman likes this.
  10. adoo

adoo Member

he coached stanford, then worked for GS, got fired, then coached Calif

btw, i did mentioned that none of the other Div 1 school in Calif recruited Lin

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LOFs will never believe that because basketball is not why they are his fans. Especially ones who have admitted being on MANY TEAM sites to ejaculate their devotion to him.

This is why this board should ONLY be for Houston Rockets fans.

Nook likes this.
  12. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Lin's overall shooting percentage is better because Fredette shot almost twice as many shots from three as Lin took from two and he took almost twice as many total shots as Lin did. Which is more difficult, taking 14 shots or taking 27 shots? Do you even know how FG% is tabulated? Troll on.

#692 CometsWin, Sep 17, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
  13. heypartner

He was coach of the Warriors until Aug 2006. Lin was already at Harvard. You just said Montgomery gave reason for why he didn't recruit Lin. He didn't because he was the Warriors coach. And he wasn't at Cali until 2008.

Only defensive people stretch the truth like you're doing. I'm willing to accept Lin was underrecruited out of HS (my first sentence in my first post said that.) And I'm willing to say it was due to race. But quit with the untruths, man.

Defend the position on it's own merits, and show the Montgomery quote...while he was HC of an NBA Team.

Madsen was recruited as center for Stanford. And that was 10yrs prior. I don't see the connection. And that era was when Montgomery started putting them on the map. Like Gonzaga early, they were not all that competitive on the recruiting map.

tinman likes this.
  14. yoeddy

Actually, Jimmer signed a 2 year contract with Phoenix after his 3 years in the CBA and played 6 games...but unfortunately, there was an option clause in it and Phoenix didn't pick it up. Jimmer went to Greece after that.

15. yoeddy

Don't quit your day job...

16. yoeddy

Fwiw, he was one of 7 finalists for Mr. Basketball State Player of the Year...so a little bit higher recognition than "one of 40". He was also named Player of the Year by the SF Chronicle and the San Jose Mercury News.

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@Nook @Reeko @Zboy @Clutch

This guy is trolling the board and has admitted to being on many boards to troll all their fans as well.
    These are his own words.

Claims he lost interest in the Rockets which means he does not belong here.
    Says he wasn't on any LA forums but said earlier he was on one.

Nook likes this.
  18. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Maybe you should seek one with all your time being involved with LOF talking points and all.

tinman likes this.
  19. yoeddy

Nah...I'm semi-retired. No need for a new job at this point.

20. adoo

adoo Member

actually, no Div 1 school in Calif recruited him. just the facts.

this serves to illustrate that you don't have to be Calif section player of the year to be recruited by Calif or Stanford