1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeff Bagwell in the booth

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Mattician, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Mattician

Mattician Member

I really enjoyed him talking baseball with Blummer and Kalas this season. His knowledge and his stories are awesome. Also like his history with Blum and how they joke around.

Tonight in the ninth inning made me hopeful Bagwell joins them again next year. And not just once a month.

Maybe even have other special guests if Bagwell can't do it more often?

Kim, eric.81, DFWRocket and 5 others like this.
  2. elrond

elrond Member

Agree with you 100%. Didn't realize they only did it once a month, since I've been able to catch it at least 2-3 times this season purely by chance.

3. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

yeah he was great

4. noppeper

noppeper Member

He is funny, articulate, insightful, entertaining and most importantly, mf'ing Jeff Bagwell.

I would love to have him in the booth more consistently next season.

5. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

My favorite Astro and player of all time is always welcome!

6. PhiSlammaJamma

He's far more interesting than anyone we've had in the booth before. But that's easy for a couple of games. So you just wonder how he would do every night. Yet he has shown the potential to be great. The last time I felt this strongly was that girl for fox and tony romo. I mean you feel like you are learning something or getting insider info when you listen.

Scarface281 likes this.
  7. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Truth. Had it on this weekend and it was great. Bagwell has a few more rough edges than Blum, both vocally and in his personality, and it's to our advantage as viewers.

Definitely enjoyed it and would like it to be more regular.

8. edwardc

edwardc Member

I can't tell who is worse him or clyde.

9. SemisolidSnake

I just wish they'd turn up his mic a bit. He's got great stories and insights, but he talks softly, and a lot of times I miss parts of them.

10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I think he's perfect in small doses.

No baseball analyst is going to stay interesting after 162 game seasons year after year... its impossible.

The best of the best (which I feel Blum is among them) become only mildly annoying at times. The worst of the worst (Ashby) cause you to cringe with every story... especially when they start repeating stories.

Joe Joe and bigdaddy like this.
  11. Buck Turgidson

This. A 3 man booth is 1 too many people most of the time (see...espn), though I love his talks with Blum, Kalas just gets in the way but you have to have a PBP guy.

I love it but I wouldn't do it much more often.