1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden - Houston Rockets Debut Highlights

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr. Dominant, Feb 22, 2015.

?

Before Harden played as a Houston Rocket, did you think he ever had the potential to one day be MVP?

1. Yes

24.6%
  2. No

75.4%
  1. Juxtaposed Jolt

I didn't even think he'd be a superstar, tbh. I thought his ceiling would have been something like Monta Ellis' statline.

2. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I told my friend he needed to look out for James Harden to become a superstar as soon as we made the trade for him.

I'm glad he's reaching his potential and some. Well deserved after all the ridicule he received last season.

3. jman7373

jman7373 Member

I honestly did. Just not this soon.

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yeah, but my point was none of those guys playing that night are still around. If you want to throw PPat into the bunch, all the more amazing.

5. cruwinas_lawona

Nope. Honestly, I even didn't like his game. Too much driving to the basket hoping to get fouled. And personality was questionable. But man, how he plays know - just a beauty to watch.

6. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Does anyone think Kevin Martin could be a great addition next to Harden?

7. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

To be MVP? Not in a million years.

Worth the money he got? Absolutely.

You could just tell he had something special in him. I was surprised when we got him - and then couldn't believe it when I heard people had actually refused to trade for him.

In short. I knew he'd be good, really good. I didn't know he'd be on his way to being great.

8. AFS

AFS Member

Man that highlight video makes me miss Delfino.

9. Mr. Dominant

I wonder if he never dunked on Durant.... He may still be in the league?

10. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

I'm pretty sure he beat his career high the next game against Portland, too. I think it was the season debut. I was so convinced, I bought a jersey that night. Maybe my memory is off, though.

11. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

he had 45 against the Hawks the next game

12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

a couple of royce white sightings there to :):):):):):)

13. showa13

showa13 Member

I remember when OKC drafted him, I thought he had bust written all over him(wasn't a fan of him at ASU, thought he played like an old man). I was excited when we got him, although I thought we gave up too much. I remember the night we got him vividly, and me and a few coworkers thought he would be a pretty good player, one said a good version of Joe Johnson. Then the Detroit and Atlanta games happened and I thought hmm, maybe he is gonna be pretty good after all. Now I look back and laugh at the fact that I questioned if this was a good move. We got James Harden for Kevin Martin, Jeremy Lamb, and Steven Adams. God Bless cheap owners and Sam Presti

14. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I was hoping he would hit Allstar level. Had not one thought about him being on this level.

15. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I thought he was brought in to be the 2nd option, since we were still looking to draw in that 1st option superstar free agent. I was cautiously happy because I didn't think much of Harden then (and he wasn't anything special on NBA2K).

16. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I remember when in IIRC during the second Harden game broadcast (perhaps the first) Magic Johnson said Harden might very well be an MVP some day.

I never thought he would be that good but was very happy with the trade but after those first two games I was shocked at our good luck.

Might be fun to see who disapproved of the trade.:)

17. Mr. Dominant

I thought Lin and Harden were going to become a Durant and Westbrook.

18. PhatPharaoh

PhatPharaoh Member

lol meant to vote no, but clicked yes. I was definitely a skeptic when we first got him, but thank god I don't run this team lol

19. nemac

nemac Member

Yea I though he would be great after watching him throughout the playoffs with OKC. He played good defense, was a wrecking ball off the bench, they used him in crunch time running PNR with Ibaka which was unstoppable. At that point thought he could be a leader. Couldn't believe rockets got him at that price, thought OKC would try to build dynasty for sure.

20. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

No I didn't think he would be a mvp type player but I did think he would be a superstar in this league.