1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden - Houston Rockets Debut Highlights

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr. Dominant, Feb 22, 2015.

?

Before Harden played as a Houston Rocket, did you think he ever had the potential to one day be MVP?

1. Yes

24.6%
  2. No

75.4%
  1. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Nah, thought he could be a star, 25ppg scorer. Didn't think he'd be able to facilitate as well as he does throughout an entire season.

I got convinced pretty quick.

2. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

The Beardsanity days were so nice. So little expectations, but so much hope. :(

3. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

I wonder if slowing down helped him become more aware and calm on the court... but damn he used to be quick.

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Most people weren't even sure if he'd be able to take Martin's role.

5. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wzAIjfCVlBQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I miss Asik's gritty play and stone hands.

7. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I really miss watching Martin play to be honest, he was such a fun player to watch, he really gives no f the way he flops on offense and gets fouls. plus he doesn't even try to pretend he tries on defense, he would leak out to the other end before the play was even over.

8. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

He was easily my favorite player in the league that wasn't a Rocket....

but no way in hell could i tell you that I had the foresight to think this guy was an MVP waiting to happen

9. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

give me Carlos back i miss that man, and also greg smith back, it's much better than joey freaking dosey

10. The Situation

The Situation Member

Pause at 7:10

#BeWell

11. CCorn

CCorn Member

I hoped he would become an all star, but never thought he would ever be in the same tier as Durant....

12. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

watching kmart's video, reminds me of corey brewer with less offense but more defense, both likes to leak out....

13. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

Man those games were awesome, his first two I mean. I didn't know he could be this good, but I thought he would be good. I also thought we overpaid. LMAO. We sure didn't over pay! I shouldn't mention it, but after those two games, I thought him and Lin could be one of the best backcourts in the league. smdh

14. marky :)

marky :) Member

Back then I thought Harden's ceiling would be a white Ginobili.

15. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Man, his game has changed quite a bit. He's much less the downhill slasher he was in that first game. He looks slower now but I don't know if that is it - it's almost like he spends more effort reading and reacting to the defensive player now than he did before where he just tried to beat you to the spot. Teams also have plenty of film to study on Harden now too which changes the opportunities he gets. Detroit seemed to have no defensive game plan to contain Harden specifically - I'm sure they didn't expect him to carve them up like that.

...I'm just glad he's on our team. I hope he never leaves - my favorite Rocket of all time after Hakeem.

16. joeson332

joeson332 Member

pretty stupid statement to say yo

17. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Man where the hell is Carlos Delfino? I'd take him in a hearbeat.

18. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

cool to see how his shot has changed. He's more balanced with his feet and overall weight when he shoots--clearly has practiced that and improved.

Also funny to see the good and bad of Lin all at once right from the start..ha

19. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

You guys think Harden's speed and athleticism took a step back for a more "chest game" approach? I think losing Parson also made Harden slow down. Parsons was fast on the break... Brewer or Ariza aren't quite that fast in transition for some reason or don't do it often enough.

20. Bo6

Bo6 Member

also jeremy lin was lightning fast compared to bev on the break.