1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It Begins: Pedophiles call for same rights as Homosexuals

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by IzakDavid13, Nov 25, 2013.

1. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

A while ago I made the comment that once a new criteria was made to allow special rights for homosexuals, especially in legalising gay / same sex marriage, that other groups would come out of the woodwork wanting their demands heard, & so called 'civil' rights for their own sexual orientation.

I made the remark that polygamists would want the right for multiple marriages, especially religious groups that already practice Polygamy.

That Hindu's may want the right to marry animals, as has been known to be done in their culture. That swingers or those in open marriages would want their relationships recognised as 'normal' & have the same rights as married couples, even if theirs was a commune style relationship with multiple husbands & wives within in the same relationship. Etc, etc, etc...

But I never thought that pedophiles would crawl out from under the rocks they hide under & openly express their desire for their 'sexual orientation' to be justified and given the same rights as hetro & homosexuals, arguing that 'their desire for children is a sexual orientation no different than heterosexual or homosexuals.'

In some religions and countries it is perfectly acceptable to marry what we deem to be underage girls and in some cases consummate marriages before the girl has even reached double figures of age.

Holy men & revered prophets have engaged in what we would today deem pedophillia.

In places like Afghanistan they utilise Bachi Bazi boys for their sexual pleasure.

Pedophiles have been around as long as homosexuals have, and a case could be made that pedophillia also occurs in nature...just like homosexual behaviour. (That still doesn't make it right in my opinion.)

So are the Liberals going to support this 'sexual perversion', oops I meant, 'orientation' as well? (They already have as you will see...)

I mean what's good for one must be good for all. You can't give rights to one sexual orientation / alternative lifestyle & deny the rights to others now can you? That would make you a 'Bigot', or 'intolerant'...you don't want to be labeled a 'pedophobe'.

(Please note the sarcasm above...)

Thanks to the Liberals Pedophilia has already been granted protected status by the Federal Government. The Matthew Shephard and James Byrd, Jr. Hate Crimes Prevention Act lists “sexual orientation” as a protected class; however, it does not define the term.

Republicans attempted to add an amendment specifying that “pedophilia is not covered as an orientation;” however, the amendment was defeated by Democrats. Rep. Alcee Hastings (D-Fl) stated that all alternative sexual lifestyles should be protected under the law

Thank you for opening the can of worms...

Your thoughts...

#1 IzakDavid13, Nov 25, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  2. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Comparing homosexuality to pedophilia is so wrong, its not even funny.

Gay marriage should be legal.
    Pedophilia? Nope.

They are not even close to the same thing.

1 person likes this.
  3. Panda23

Panda23 Member

What the ****.

1 person likes this.
  4. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

My thoughts are that you're kind of an ignorant dick for attempting to draw a parallel here, and I'm strongly opposed to any sexual act in which one party is unable to provide consent, whether due to age, intoxication or otherwise.

2 people like this.
  5. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

End thread. Thanks for playing.

Only a idiot would not see the difference between sex two consentual adults and Pedophilia.

6. IzakDavid13

Thanks for personal attack. I didn't draw any parallel at all (...please note the sarcasm in the examples given.)

If you read the quoted article it is the Democrats who are drawing the parallels and placing a sick perversion alongside homosexuality and other alternative lifestyles...

...as well as a few psychologists in Canada, namely Van Gijseghem, (psychologist and retired professor of the University of Montreal.) who was quoted in the article.

This is not a 'Hate on Homosexuality' thread, it is looking at the delusional Liberalism that has lead to this way of thinking...that all alternate lifestyles and sexual fetishes or perversions should be accepted and not faced with prejudice.

But as usual y'all shoot the messenger without even reading the message.

At least we can agree on one thing...I too am strongly opposed to any sexual act in which one party is unable to provide consent, whether due to age, intoxication or otherwise.

God bless.

7. IzakDavid13

...I agree, unfortunately a few of these idiots are the running (& ruining) The USA..

8. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

No, gay marriage shouldn't be legal. Everyone should be given the same rights, not just a straight couple and a gay couple. When you build legislation to pander to a few, you get dumb $#@$ like polygamy, pedo's, animal bestiality wanting equal rights.

The legal aspect of the marriage institution is broke. Marriage is no longer 'till death do us part'. Hell, I am not even sure why people even get married any longer. Anyways, we should have used this opportunity to build a conduit that everyone can use, not just a very small minority rambling about persecution.

1 person likes this.
  9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Westboro church much brah?

10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am not sure what you are arguing here. The basis of the legalizing gay marriage is that everyone is given the same rights not pandering to a few. If the argument is that marriage is only reserved to the straight then that is pandering only to straight people.
    The fact that about 50% of marriages end in divorce does show there are some problems with the institution but that was going on before gay marriages and if anything gay marriage will strengthen the institution by bringing more people into it.

Rambling about persecution is hardly a threat to the institution when it is people trying to get into it.

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

This post is so full of dumb.

"Everyone should be given the same rights"

So you are for gay marriage then? Or by everyone do you think straight couples and gay couples deserve the same right as those who practice bestiality and pedophilia?

Do you reduce your own heterosexual tendencies to being the same as pedophilia?

Regardless of what anyone's feelings on homosexuality is, animals and children cannot consent to sex. The comparisons are absurd.

1 person likes this.
  12. edwardc

edwardc Member

This countryis going to hell in a hand basket.

1 person likes this.
  13. Major

Major Member

Have you considered that the amendment you're referring to had other reasons for being voted down? Do you know the text of the amendment or the original law? Have you considered why, legally, this amendment is irrelevant? Do you realize that the law you're talking about is from 4 years ago, making your "it begins" title a little outdated? Did you do ANY research on this topic besides finding an article and reposting it?

14. Nook

Nook Member

Are you comparing polygamy to "pedo's" and "animal bestiality"?

15. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

Here's the deal: pedophilia (being attracted to children) is not currently illegal, which is why organizations like NAMBLA can exist. Acting upon that attraction by abusing children, however, IS and should be illegal. There is the difference between between feeling and action. You cannot legislate away a feeling. THAT is what I think the Democrats in the OP were trying to argue.

16. otis thorpe

otis thorpe Member

I don't know what is more obnoxious you or your signature

17. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

patdollard.com

The War Starts Here

thoughts: if you use (and believe) a sharemongering source like this, you have no argument to stand on.

the shocker headlines in this website do not represent the American public- only a small, fearful percentage of them.

move along, nothing to see here.

18. Space Ghost

What is so hard about "Everyone should be given the same rights"? Do you disagree that it should be only given to straight and gay people? Should we discriminate against single people? Or two people in general? Or any other legal scenario that may come up?

What is so "full of dumb" when half of marriages are failing? When these same marriages that have strings that were designed for "till death do us part?".

Do you realize some of the hell people go through when they jumped into these marriages, full of blind love, and get caught up in the legal and financial battles when they choose to get out, simply because they signed a 'one solution for all' legal agreement?

The current marriage system is broke, regardless of who its for. You get divorced and: You share a joint credit card? Financial companies don't care, they will still ruin your credit. You want to get out from the house or car? Go pay 10k for a lawyer.

This was a prime opportunity to fix this broken system that would have worked for anyone, regardless. But it was never about rights, it was about recognition.

19. Space Ghost

Did I or are you just trolling? I think its the latter. I believe I referred to wanting equal rights for the three as "dumb".

20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It sounds like you are arguing whether state sanctioned marriage should exist in the first place. I think that is an interesting argument and one that personally I don't think is a bad idea but it is a slightly different argument. The reality is that state sanctioned marriages exist and under equal protection if they are going to set up the institution then it has to apply to gays as well as straights because of equal protection.
    I am not sure what any of this has to do with Gay marriage specifically or pedophilia or anything else that was originally brought up in this thread. There certainly are problems with the institution of marriage but those were going on before gays were getting married.