1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It’s settled: Rockets are going to be worthless this year

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DudeWah, Oct 26, 2018.

1. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Look up the thread from last year where a lot of us said **** it after our playoff ending loss yet again. We're taking a break from the NBA this season. I'm glad I did. Once I knew the Melo signing was happening my feelings for the Rockets season went from curious to don't GAF. Washed up Diva I have zero interest seeing in a Rox uniform. I was tired of getting my hopes ups in the playoffs only to be crushed every year. Signing Capela to that contract was smart at the time, but just reading you guys I guess it wasn't . Warrior's, Boston...the Rox have zero chance so I'm not wasting my nights this year but still enjoy the typical GARM threads. Classics.

Great stuff on Netflix btw. I never get angry watching it either or throw the remote.

Richie_Rich, B-Bob, Easy and 4 others like this.
  2. da_juice

da_juice Member

Blow it up. I literally can't watch this **** anymore and even if we get it together; there's no way to catch the Warriors or evem the ****ing Pelicans. Might as well shoot for 2030

3. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Relax...we don’t play as real contenders for the next 10 games.

4. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

anyone who thought MCW or ennis could replace ariza/moute was kidding themselves. MCW is not a rotation player on a playoff team. ennis is not a starter on a playoff team.

plain and simple we didn't replace 2 defensive forwards or a defensive coach, and until we do that we won't be nearly as good as last year.

Deuce, bmelo, slothy420 and 1 other person like this.
  5. treeman

treeman Member

A year ago if you'd have told me that a team with James Harden, Chris Paul, and Carmelo Anthony on it would suck hard, I would have laughed at you. Now?

Mystifying.

6. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

If the price is 4 #1's …. That's NOT the question.

The question is "Is this team a Jimmy Buckets away from winning a title?"

If the answer is yes , swing for the fences - if not …. Not.

7. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

After going to 2015 WCF. This feels like the 2016 season again. Dwight Howard not willing to play the pick and roll. Being nonchalant rubbed off the rest of the team. The lockeroom imploded. McHale Fired.
    Carmelo, MCW, Ennis, have to be gone next season. My hope was to get Paul George in Free Agency. George wasn't interested. I hope they tank this year, trade off the bench for 2nd Rd picks, have some young talent on the bench.
    I think if Jimmy Butler isn't traded this year, Mike DAntoni is seriously going to think about retirement.

8. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I took the under last week @ 55.5. Feeling pretty good about that bet.

B-Bob likes this.
  9. Ray Parker

Ray Parker Member

Lets just say they'd be juicy

RasaqBoi likes this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

pen155? Clubbing dat?

James Hamstring Harden.

DudeWah likes this.
  11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

to be fair they only played 2 games together.... suspensions and injuries are the real cause why we are 1-4...

Hmc415 likes this.
  12. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

This thread blows but I would still prefer it over losing four first round picks.

13. theimpossibles1

I think you are a good guy @DudeWah but my goodness you make the sh*ttiest threads.

jcf and hakeem94 like this.
  14. YOLO

YOLO Member

well there was no backup pg here a year ago either. and the rockets were just fine

15. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

I hope Harden ages gracefully and still play like a MVP next year.

16. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

You guys need to stfu until we see a decent sample size of a healthy roster

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'm not buying into the panic. We definitely need to make some moves, adding a top notch defensive coach and getting a difference maker or two added to the roster, as well as getting everyone healthy. You guys go ahead, though.

slothy420 and jcf like this.
  18. YOLO

YOLO Member

are you going to make the what will we learn from game 6 thread?

19. alethios

alethios Member

We are way too predictable on offense and easily scored on with our matador defense. It's going to be rough for the next couple of weeks, but we can still turn the corner.

20. SandboxRocket

SandboxRocket Member

I think the biggest oversight was really not addressing getting a replacement for Coach JB when he retired, players can be replaced but teaching and incorporating a defense really takes experience and Coach Rogers isn't really gonna do; Clint seems to have lost his humger now that he's got his contract, and anyone else notice how our pace seems to be slower? Are they deliberately trying to slow it down on offense for the new guys to adapt?!