1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is MCW the key to success?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jsingles, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

If he doesn't play against Utah or Clips the first time... We win both those games... I stand by that... Hes a ridiculous minus on the floor... All our starters were a plus @LA in the first Clippers game and MCW was a - 15 in 13 minutes... We lost by 3.. Get this man the HELL OFF MY TEAM.... he's worse than Corey Brewer... imagine

sammy, Daddy Long Legs and hakeem94 like this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I gotta give you credit for 100% commitment

sammy, hakeem94 and Williamson like this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You dun need to play well to be someone's Avatar. He is a Dr. Seuss character. Said it before.

[​IMG]

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. jsingles

jsingles Member

In your opinion the Rockets winning a game is "stupid". Not sure that's the stance I would take, but you do you.

5. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

BUT IN THIS SYSTEM

Just kidding. We over-"in this system"ed this summer.

Clark is going to be better, but we need someone like Demarre Carroll to compete with Ennis for minutes. If dumping Knight's contract costs a pick, would be swell if we got even a declining Carroll in return. Just need more catch and shoot players who are defensively competent and tall enough to be noticed by Durant.

6. mockster

mockster Member

I was trying to warn people of his shaqtin a fool ways but blind hope got the best of them

It’s ashame cuz he could be good but mentally he just can’t get it together

Moleb likes this.
  7. jsingles

jsingles Member

You can't argue with results, Rockets continue to win when MCW doesn't score. This thread will be bumped again, and again as this continues to hold true.

8. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

You know what blows my mind... it's that he spent all summer not working on his shooting game. Since Game 1, he showed signs of hesitance shooting the 3 ball. That is just dumb on his part.

9. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Those who breaks the defence chemistry sucks

10. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Sadly, he probably did spend the summer working on his shot and it doesn't seem to have improved much, if at all. Improving your shooting takes time. Look at how long it took Rubio or Exum to be respectable. Livingston gave up but they found a role for him, and he is far more capable of protecting the ball and avoiding turnovers. Iguodala was almost as bad most of the beginning of his career, and is regressing heavily now. Draymond Green has been atrocious for all but one season.

He's not to blame. Even casual fans weren't optimistic about it. Management is to blame for thinking it would go any differently. I'm sure if he had a couple of summers, a couple of training camps and 1 whole regular season, we'd see a slight improvement to over 30%. Really the only number that matters is his % when he's wide open in the corner, and that can improve to a respectable level by late this season or next season if he's here. If he can get that to go down, we would be able to hide him on everything else. As it is though, he is forcing 2's or passing up open 3's, which kills our offense.

He really needs to live full time with a shooting coach to stay in the NBA. We knew that before we signed him. Doesn't make sense blaming him for a risk the organization decided to take. The most likely scenario is it takes him a couple of years at least to fix that shot, and we ain't got a couple of years to spend developing a veteran.

RocketsFan247 likes this.
  11. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

We are undefeated in games MCW plays 7 mins or less.

12. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

We are undefeated in games MCW plays 7 mins or less.

13. jsingles

jsingles Member

Rockets are now 4-0 when MCW is held scoreless. 0-5 when he scores.

A 9-game sample size is pretty large, and some of you didn't believe this was something that would continue.

Astrodome likes this.
  14. macan

macan Member

MCW was doing great tonight!

How_Sweep_It_Is likes this.
  15. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Bobbythegreat being gone is a big part of this too. Good vibes all around.

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Feels like preseason was so long ago. MCW was balling. I thought he had a place in the rotation. @malakas was right. Is she right about Brandon Knight too? That's if he ever plays for the Rockets.

17. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

MCW, if not asked to do more than he is capable of can be an excellent player. Injuries coupled with slumps in players like EG as well as trying to figure how Melo fits with that second unit has caused MCW to do things outside his comfort zone and he has failed... miserably. I think moving forward, if healthy, the rockets can only bring MCW back once we have a well oiled machine. Also, don't sleep on Jeff B fixing a lot of MCW's defensive game and turning him into a serviceable player.

But hey, we could also just cut the guy.

18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Drunk already?

19. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Cut his ass

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Bzdelik will unlock his potential.