1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Isaiah Hartenstein ready to contribute?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by harold bingo, Jul 2, 2019.

1. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

and, yet - - we the fans, the X-Perts, know we are deeper. And that feels pretty good.

I, for one, thought an L was inevitable as 4 of top 6 were unavailable, while game was on the road v team that got thunked, at home, nite before. So, example #7642 why bet, I don’t and for reasons you cited, and more, a disproportionately big W.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  2. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Yeah man. My expectations for this game were insanely low.

Our level of effort this game was exceptional relative to how many factors were against us.

jcmoon, raining threes and xiki like this.
  3. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

Would love to see IH work his way into the rotation. His range at the 3 could make him a great fit to play with Westbrook off the bench. The question appears to be whether he can defend reliably.

4. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I thought Hart did a very good job of moving his feet and staying in front of faster players he was switched on. He's the kind of defensive rebounder we've needed for a few years and that alone makes him valuable. If he can keep up playing decent D and start to contribute on offense, then he should be part of the rotation and we should save Chandler for special defensive requirements/situations.

5. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed! He is never going to be the banger down low like Capella. Let's use his range. If he really has a 3pt shot he should definitely get minutes! We are in need of height! We are in need of height that can space the floor! Both of these things he is known to do. Use him properly and we might have an X factor.

6. fattz

fattz Member

We have needed a player for years like the one setting on the bench for years? His play is not a surprise because it has not changed that much over his time with here. Coach loses games because he doesn’t play the players on HIS TEAM. While over using older players. Like IHart‘s play MDA hasn’t changed either.

side note Clark is playable, too.

roslolian and Rocket River like this.
  7. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Again D'Antoni and his imbecile staff are stubborn and cost the Rockets multiple playoff series because they never scout players available in dire situations.

8. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I didn't think they would lose to Minny , I just thought Harden might score 80 ….

Harden has proven he can take a team of dudes from the local YMCA team and win games in the NBA. How many times did he do it last year while CP3 and half the team was broke down ?

BigShasta likes this.
  9. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I respect your greater optimism re: Minnie game than I had. Respect to TheHardenaires for the W. Suspect the supporting cast is less relevant w/JEHj than any other current SuperStar!

10. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I cant think of a single player that impacts / controls a game as much as Harden in the modern NBA.

He's a lot like Magic .... minus the multiple HOFers surrounding him.

11. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Magic made guys HoFers. Ex: whoever played with him in an ASG became the Star of Stars that day. Chambers, Sampson. E'M'J was one truly special player.

So, too, is JEHj. Polar opposite player/leader and w/out the same support level that Magic had. The Logo. Mr Buss. V Lux taxes. (shrug)

12. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

On the contrary, until the last game it was looking more and more like IH would never catch up to the game mentally. Physically capable, but mentally typical a step slow, and constantly nervous. Not a lost cause given his age, but things weren't trending great. Heck, dude played 13 minutes against the Pacers and failed to record a single rebound.

Last night was his first time in 30 games of NBA action where I thought... ok, this could be a rotation player. Still need to see it for multiple games, etc. but at least he didn't look lost, and he was a clear net positive while defending a good opponent.

jcmoon likes this.
  13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Still yes, he is a bit awkward but makes up for it with hustle, he is a rotational level player.

DD

fattz and Hakeemtheking like this.