1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is anyone else a bit ....nervous about this first round?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sluggo832004, Apr 13, 2019.

1. sluggo832004

sluggo832004 Member

Ingles could be what Jason Terry was for the mavs. Mitchell, Rubio, Gobert? I feel a slight twist in my stomach like I had taco bell before a job interview. Anyone else feel a bit nervous that the rockets could lose the first game?

2. rocketseagles07

Nervous?? Yea... Utah is probably the 3rd best team in the west. We got a horrible draw.

Having said that, they got better and so did we. If we can’t beat them we damn sure can’t make the finals so it is what it is. Let’s get it!!

Bo6, RyanB, burlesk and 12 others like this.
  3. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Not nervous at all honestly. This should be a sweep. We are locked in. OKC game actually helped.

4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I think being nervous is an appropriate emotion for this Rockets team facing any team in the West in the first round. You’d be crazy to think there aren’t teams out there that pose significant challenges to this team... namely the Rockets themselves who can be their own worse enemy late in games.

Still... this team can also beat anyone. Especially the Warriors. I’m actually more afraid of teams who are big, long, and athletic like the Bucks.

But regarding the Jazz, I was pretty relieved to get them instead of the Thunder quite honestly. I think we matchup much more favorable and Capela had played Gobert really well in the past.

5. gotsis

gotsis Member

Maybe I'm underestimating the Jazz, but I'm not worried at all. I prefer them over OKC, for example.

Rubio continues to be a horrible 3 point shooter, Mitchell is great but still really young, Ingles can get hot but I like us exposing his lack of lateral quickness on defense and with Harden adding the floater shot, Gobert's impact on D should be more limited.

Just can't see them winning if we stay healthy. Really hope I'm right on this.

6. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

7. 疯狂伊文戴德蒙

Yes, I admit I'm a little anxious.

Jazz are not a weak team, they are a very difficult bone to gnaw. This year they are not the same as last year, last year they did not have Rubio, and this year they have. And for us, Paul this year is only 70% of Paul last year.

The first home game, we have to win, If we didn't win, I would be anxious and unable to sleep.

saleem likes this.
  8. AXG

AXG Member

Nah... Rockets in 5

9. Juxtaposed Jolt

It's the playoffs. There should always be a feeling of nervousness.

Lawlruschang and burlesk like this.
  10. macan

macan Member

if they beat us, it just shows that we ain't good enough to win the chip this year. so whatever happens, just gonna enjoy the series.

11. Voltik

Voltik Member

I’m not nervous about any team against the Rockets, maybe Bucks with their length and a page out of our book on playing style.

What I am nervous about is refs controlling games, but if this is really for ratings than Houston vs GSW matchup should help us with ref bias against Jazz. This nervousness should never exist in competitive sports.

12. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

It's the playoffs and it's the Jazz, so yes.

#12 Chilly_Pete, Apr 13, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
    mikol13 likes this.
  13. pippsux

pippsux Member

It's the playoff, every draw is a tough one. We just can't look past them and slip.

14. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Nope!
    Zdog nation and the j*zz are the nervous ones.....

Smacktle likes this.
  15. Voltik

Voltik Member

Out of all teams, I wanted to draw the Jazz more just because they can prep us for next round and we can matchup well against them.

16. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Not one bit

Tfor3 likes this.
  17. acjeitherocket

na they getting that sweep action my G

18. Mr Chuck Norris

I’m only scared when Scott Foster and Tony brothers are reffing. Jazz? Naw I predict a sweep

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

nope...not at all

Reeko chillin with his feet up

20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

There are zero easy matchups in the West. Jazz are good, and likely motivated a little extra because we beat them last year.

roslolian, D-rock and charlieaustin like this.