1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Invisalign...how much is it?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DieHard Rocket, Apr 26, 2016.

1. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

For those that have had Invisalign, how much did you pay and how long did you wear the trays?

I went in for a consultation today, and while I like the ortho, the quote was $4500 for 9 months. That's not bad, except before receiving the quote they told me that most patients go 12-15 months and there was really no way of knowing as everyone's teeth are different. So I could be on the hook for $7500 total if I go 15 months.

They also required $1000 up front to "even get Invisalign to create the trays" which I thought was strange. It is a very reputable ortho though so I'm not sure.

My wife had them several years ago (insurance covered) and she recalls they were able to roughly estimate how long she would have to wear them up front.

Anyone willing to share there experience and costs?

2. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

did it about 7 years ago, so pricing might be outdated (though similar to your quote). But I believe mine was ~3700 for ~7 months. Insurance covered 1500 of it, so then only 2200 out of pocket.

I think they estimated 6-9 months for me early on. It can change depending on if you need to wear some trays longer than expected, among other things.

Disclaimer: these are all guesstimates from memory.

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Some college student printed his own.

4. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Yeah I think you can 3D print your own invisaligns lmao

5. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

Mine was around $3000 out of pocket. Not sure if the cost is time dependent, but I had to wear mine about 15 months.