1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Iggy thinks Eric Gordon’s game is being dumbed down

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mac_got_this, Sep 28, 2020.

1. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Outside than the midrange there aren't many facets to EGo's game that we aren't utilizing. If he were good enough at that we'd be letting him shoot those like we did with CP3. EGo is a guard that averages fewer assists per game than Jeff Green despite more minutes and more touches. He's a great all around player, but his strengths are scoring, floor spacing, and defense. If he goes to another team I don't think he'd be unleashed.

Ramo$e and jiggyfly like this.
  2. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

One hand says he’s a good player and we all know it.

One hand says he’s a problem and we all know it.

What @treyk3 says is true. Harden isn’t being selfish necessarily he’s literally just doing too much. Maybe ego is playing a part in that but maybe if Gordon needs something besides “watching harden dribble for 20 seconds and catching a pass” he should do it. Is Harden unwilling to assist him on cuts or coming off a screen? Seems like assists are one of his things I didn’t know they had to be lobs or corner 3s only.

Also he’s a really good shooter and perimeter defender? I mean...back and forth...

Also he came up tiny these playoffs. That 1st year of EG the Rocket was pretty lit.

saleem and treyk3 like this.
  3. HP3

HP3 Member

He actually showed up from game 7 onwards, before that he was putrid I agree.

4. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

That’s like the perfect characterization of Gordon though. He was emphatically awful in a 7 game series won by a blocked 3 and “showed up” in the series where “lost” takes several meanings.

I take the chance to remind myself of those rotations, and I weep.

D-rock likes this.
  5. HP3

HP3 Member

I mean..showing up in a big game 7 and against the Lakers is pretty good though? I mean...we all know the reason we lost that series against the Lakers: Dantoni and Russ(ALOT Russ). I still have faith Gordon can perform in the future.

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

Gordon sucks...dude is garbage...buns...basura

not only is he trash, but he cries to the refs more than any player in the league...he is unwatchable

ak99999 likes this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Iggy needs to focus his own ass on the Lakers.

8. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Kinda late to the party but I can easily hate him for acting like he was too good to contribute to a Memphis team that was in playoff contention and where he woulda probably been like the 5th best player. It's not even just not playing, he didn't even show up to mentor the young guys. Guy thinks he's LeBron or something.

9. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

Idk I guess I wouldn’t be all hot about getting swept even if I played well. Or be real boastful winning a series I was utter dogshit in.

I mean having an off game is one thing but it is an absolute **** show every night figuring out who is hot enough to jack up a couple 3s in between Harden possessions.

Maybe you’re right, he’s just had a rough time and will bounce back. He’s on my squad I genuinely hope he does... I’m just a little tired of seeing him too beat up to play or be effective as kind of a bad starting small forward when he was a thorn in everyone’s side as our 6th man and a full time guard.

HP3 likes this.
  10. 34to11

34to11 Member

Iguodala is the kind of dude who seems like a "smart dude" to dudes who aren't smart dudes.

BTW, "analytics" made him a champion.

hakeem94 likes this.