1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Yao shot as much as Tmac

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Jan 5, 2005.

1. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

God, another Yao bigot who is writing his own version of Rockets reality. YOH, believe me there is more than one reason the Rockets are losing besides Yao. I'm sure you could think of another reason if you thought about it.

2. jclee

jclee Member

Enough of this crap about yao this and that...bottom line is this....Tmac takes almost 50% of the shots in a game for the rockets. he needs to learn to get other players in the game,. how many times do you see yao calls for the ball, and nobody passes him the f-ing ball? i'm sick and tired of people b****ing about yao is soft and he's fouling too much, if there were other players helping out in the paint and if the damn guards and make some jumpers, then there won't be any problems.

tmac is not a good fit, and everyone should realize it. he is just like kobe, still too young to understand the game. it took jordan and hakeem a long time to win, when they first came in to the nba, they were doing what tmac is doing.

so, no more stupid posts about how yao is this and that. and let's get a f-ing coach that can do a better job with creating offensive schems.

3. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

If Yao dominates we win despite the poor coaching. Period.

You see, two Yao's exist. The one we want is the guy who got t'd up when he yelled in Theo Ratliff's face. The one we don't want is the guy we see on the court right now. The guy is too afraid of making a mistake that he shy's away from taking the game over.

In my Clayton Bigsby voice "I am not involved in any Yao haterdom..."

I love the guy. Almost ALL Rockets fans do. I don't ask if someone is from Europe, Africa, Asia, Australia, or the Americas, I ask "Can he ball?". We just want to see the real Yao. The one we see flashes of every once in a while. The guy who got a tech for taunting Theo Ratliff.... Mr Ming's evil twin.

4. tikwanleap

tikwanleap Contributing Member

Great posts Scarface! I totally agree. Yao needs more heart. Stop laying the ball up! Slam it down big man! Don't wait until someone embarrasses you before getting aggressive!

I don't understand why some people think this means we're hating on Yao. I think Yao can be something special. We just want Yao to be at his best. There's no question that a more aggressive Yao will make the Rockets better.

5. munco

munco Member

what are you on? are you watching the games?

6. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

Did you guys watched the game last night? TMac got open, or single coverage because Denver running around Yao like crazy in the 4th. Tmac got all the glory with 45pt, but Yao was the guy made that all possible. If Wesley/Barry/Sura could make the shot consistently, they'd score 20/30 pts as well. That's how basketball is supposed to be played, I don't want to see Yao force his shots over 2 or 3 defenders.

You guys need to watch the game instead of just read the stats line.

7. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Look at the other thread "I miss the old Yao". They want the guy to go back being a high post player and revert to the player he was in year 1/2. Also, if you saw the game against Denver, he tried to tomahawk one and it got blocked by Camby, sometimes you have to finesse it in. I'm glad Yao doesn't read this board because his game would be completely screwed if he read all the threads here.

8. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

I agree that Yao should have more opportunities to make the higher percentage shot, but not at T-Mac's expense. Maybe Mo ought to hand over his attemots and assume setting picks, even though Yao does a good job at it. Perhaps, Yao wouldn't be as winded and would be on the court more often.

9. eyhab27

eyhab27 Contributing Member

Sure, Yao may only average less than one more TO a game than TMac, but didnt you, yourself just clarify that TMac takes twice as many shots, which would mean that he has the ball in his hands more than twice as many times. Just imagine if Yao got the ball as many times as TMac, he would average like 7 TO's a game.

Im not a Yao hater by any means. I just firmly think that he is a perfect second option behind Tmac. Although, I do think that in crunch time, when we need a 2 point basket, it would be smartest to go in the post with Yao. I love both equally, but i just dont think that Yao has enough energy to post up or or do whatever he needs to do to put up 26.6 shots a game. He would be completely dead on defense and would need to sit twice as often. We also need to take into account that Yao plays I think only something like 31 minutes a game, as opposed to TMac's 41.

DD, I love you man.

10. eyhab27

eyhab27 Contributing Member

whoops, sorry didnt read this! This would be ideal, for TMAC to take 21 and Yao to take 17.. but its sort of hard to pick a certain number of shots and stick to it. TMAC will take the shots when he is open. Thats what we brought him in for. He has killer instinct and can score on anyone. All I have to say is, Yao must demand the ball if he really wants it. Once he gets in good shape, he will be a monster! Until then... he will have to just take what he gets.

11. snowmt01

snowmt01 Contributing Member

It's impossible to let Yao create him own shots 25 times. Shaq
    used to get a lot of easy shots from Kobe's penetration and
    timely passing. If we want Yao to take 20 shots, at least 1/3
    should be easy dunks, layups or jumpers.

12. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

I agree. 15 to 20 shots a night is what we need from Yao. With the exception of Mcgrady busting off a 100 point game Yao's FG attempts should NEVER be less than 15-20 a game if we expect to win.

13. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

This is a pretty silly thread. Tmac creates more, and has more affect on what goes on, on the court on the offensive side. He is too dangerous to tell him to "cut back" on his FGA. This thread might have validity if Tmac was shooting when double teamed, not finding teammates. But that's not the case. I'd rather see McGrady launch a 30 footer than Yao try to pass out of a double team, or go 1 on 1 vs. Najera.

14. osa420

osa420 Contributing Member

Did any of you see this article

Yao Ming Asks Permission To Grab Rebound

HOUSTON, TX--Rockets center Yao Ming asked Suns forward Amare Stoudemire if he could grab a rebound during their game Wednesday night. Ming and Stoudemire were both standing under the basket when Phoenix ’s Steve Nash pulled up for a jumper, prompting Ming to make the request.
    “Would you mind if I took this one?” asked Ming as the ball sailed through the air. “We really need it right now.”
    Stoudemire refused, but later said that he was impressed with Ming’s manners.
    “He’s a very polite guy,” said Stoudamire. “A lot of centers would’ve just elbowed me out of the way and wrestled the ball down without even asking, but Yao’s different. I actually felt kind of bad taking it from him, but basketball is a cruel game.”

http://www.thebrushback.com/index.htm

:(

15. franchise23

franchise23 Contributing Member

Ummm i hope Yao was joking.

16. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

Thebrushback.com is a satire website. They crack jokes with
    real stories. They made lots of jokes with the Jackie-Doug Christies thingy as ell. Funny as hell.

The word is getting around that Yao is not a very good rebounder but the problem is they are attributing it with his size which is not right - rebounding and size are mutually exclusive.

PS. They even said so (a disclaimer) themselves on the home page at the bottom right corner.

#96 Fegwu, Jan 13, 2005
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2005