1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If I am the astros, I would trade Springer

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by what, Aug 19, 2016.

1. what

what Member

I think, while springers stock is still I, I would deal him for pitching and watch we can get.

Bregman is the real deal and correa's a stud. To me springer is the odd guy odd. I wish we had kept velasquez.

Springer is a good player but he is not a great player and he is easily replaceable.

1 person likes this.
  2. mick fry

mick fry Member

Aight :confused:

3. Buck Turgidson

Who is "we", Nashvillbilly??

4. what

what Member

Bregman
    Altuve
    Correa .... is the offense, build around that.

The problem is what could springer realistically get in a trade offer?

I wonder how he is viewed around the league?

5. awc713

awc713 Member

Problem is, trading Springer alone isn't going to net you the absolute stud SP that would make the move worth it. You'd have to also add other key players/prospects to get into the top 5-10 SP tier. Pitchers are just that valuable.

You could probably net something in the Archer/Cole tier, certainly a solid arm, but I don't think that's worth it. And I'm not adding Bregman or whatever else is necessary to get into the 1-10 range.

6. what

what Member

Yeah, that's kinda what I am thinking. Yeah, at this point I am wondering whether or not we would have been better off with JD Martinez, than him.

7. dwood21

dwood21 Member

No, he is not "easily replaceable." He is one a top 10-15ish OF in the game and probably top 5 in defense. That's not easily replaceable at all. Plus, he's still young, cheap and getting better each year. Yes, pitching is important, but unless you're getting a Jose Fernandez or Sale type then Springer is untouchable IMO

8. what

what Member

We aren't trading bregman at any cost. Even if the astros traded for some promising arms it would be worth it to me. I do think Springer is a talented hr hitter, but he just isn't a superstar like Alutuve, Bregman and Correa are/can be.

9. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If I were the Titans, I would trade Mariota while his stock is still high.

If I were the grizzlies...wait, they have nobody so can't make comparison to asinine suggestion made by non baseball watching idiot.

10. what

what Member

awe, you love springer, and I hurt your feelings suggesting we trade him. sorry man. bro love!

11. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

This past off season there were rumors that the team was fielding interest for Springer for pitching. If the Astros somehow could get at least a 2 or 3 type starter for Springer I think it's worth it. Springer is a fan favorite so a lot of fans probably don't like the idea of trading him but I don't think Springer should be put in the untouchable category like Altuve, Correa and now Bregman.

12. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lay off the ****ty bbq and learn the game of baseball before posting anymore in this forum. K, thanks.

Top 10 position player in AL WAR is easily replaceable? What a jackass.

13. what

what Member

Exactly. He is a good player, but pitching at this point is more important.

14. what

what Member

Also, Teoscar Hernandez, this kid looks like he could be the next marquis grissom. I am VERY intrigued by him.

Another thing, if the astros could get back something significant in return, I would not mind trading AJ Reed either and let Tyler White play firt. White is a good contact hitter who can man first base and give you good hitting.

15. MrBear1

MrBear1 Contributing Member

So you want to trade Springer and use White at first because he gives us "good hitting"?

Got it

16. what

what Member

Going forward he is going to be a very good hitter. He's a rookie, man. Give him time.

I am not sure that AJ Reed though is the next Prince Fielder. Not at all. But if another team thinks so, trade him.

The astros are going to live and die by pitching, which is most teams.

17. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

you make some of the weirdest topics ever. lol

I would trade Keuchel.

I think Springer is going to get better.

Bregman is a stud

but the rest Hernandez, White, Reed etc.......... nobody knows. I would include them in a trade.

18. Rox225

Rox225 Contributing Member

If trading Springer + some lower prospects landed a #1, not #2, then you make a deal. If it doesn't bring you a #1 pitcher then you don't. I don't think you trade one of your better all around players when this team has had problems finding consistent production from most of the lineup.

19. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

Suggesting Houston trade Springer for pitching is fine, suggesting he is easily replaceable is idiocy.

20. Rox225

Rox225 Contributing Member

You do realize that White will be 26 in October? He's not exactly a young buck, in baseball terms. He's also not tearing up the league either. I'm not for giving up on Reed so soon, and definitely don't want to rely on White. Instead I think team should go after a vet like Encarnacion who can play 1B and fill in as a DH.