1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I was wrong about House

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by buzz1701, Aug 21, 2020.

1. buzz1701

buzz1701 Contributing Member

All year and last year too, I kept thinking why is House even on the roster? He didn't look like a NBA player let alone a starter. More like a scrub the Rox got on the cheap.

Boy was I wrong. He has played great during this restart. And I am not just talking about his shooting, (which has been great), but the defense and rebounding. Seeing him guard Chris Paul, moving his feet and making Paul give it up...sweet.

This is why no one is asking me to access talent, lol!

2. alethios

alethios Member

Both Green and House have been great. This is the GreenHouse effect we've been waiting for.

Raider17, Bo6, bballjunkie and 19 others like this.
  3. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

House is beating guys off the dribble consistently now. It opens a new dimension to our offense and it is something to be really excited about when Harden is on the bench.

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

He isn't just a house, he's home.

TMac'n, So Saith Red, T.MAC and 25 others like this.
  5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

House plays hard on every possession. He might not be fundementally sound, but he's not afraid of making plays even when he does F'k up sometimes.

We built that 17-0 run mostly because House was running down the court faster the the OKC defense.

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

I was wrong about House too.

I thought he was too big headed and he was a mediocre defender.

He proved me wrong when Rockets went small ball and he dialed everything up.

Gladly share that plate of crow. :D

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

always known he'd be great since u of hech days. just unfortunate he misspelled his first name

Lawlruschang likes this.
  8. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

House has always fit in with the best at every level.
    Whether it's High school, Fonde, UH, the Rockets...
    He has mad athleticism, and has worked hard..improving all the while...
    BUT HE'S ALWAYS BELONGED!
    The guy is a legit frontline NBA player.

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

I was wrong about Green. I thought he would just be a place holder and have the same effect as Thabo lol. Boy was I wrong. Also Thabo is probably kicking himself for opting out of the restart LOL. He loses salary and a chance to win a ring this year.

I was also wrong about the Rox depth I thought we got a bunch of scrubs after the starting 5 but surprisingly the bench has performed amazingly well Rivers, Mclemore and Green have outplayed the starters at times. Once WB comes back EG will come off the bench and really give it crazy firepower with him and Mclemore being ready to burst out at any time.

The only weakness I see is if Tucker or Roco go down we got no more "bigs" but I guess that's where Demarre Carrol, Caboclo and Luc are gonna have to do via committee.

#9 roslolian, Aug 21, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2020
  10. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Gallinari is a 0 in lateral movement We should exploit him as much as we can. Even house or green can take him off the dribble.

11. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

I’ll eat crow as well.

I didn’t think that House didn’t belong, but I didn’t think he was a starter. I thought that he should start over Gordon based on size alone. I thought House’s talent level was really an 8th or 9th man off of the bench.

I’m very glad that he is proving me wrong. I started to really pay attention to his play this year and when he became the solution to the Harden double teams I started to think that he might be better than I thought.

He’s finally starting to live up to his potential and it’s a beautiful thing to see. He’s paid close attention to the coaches and veteran players around him and has steadily improved his game. He seems to be a very hard worker and I couldn’t be happier for his success. I’m a big House fan now and hope he sticks with the Rockets for the rest of his career.

12. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Let’s not sing his praises after one game and trash him after another. We need that consistency from him.

hakeem94, Lawlruschang, Nelly and 2 others like this.
  13. Jontro

Jontro Member

aw man.. but it's fun

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Me too. The young man is playing terrific ball. He will keep on gaining in confidence.

Lawlruschang, UTSA2step and D-rock like this.
  15. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Pass the plate.

16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The House always wins.

17. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Danuel House is dribbling and driving to the basket more easily. House definitely worked on his ballhandling drills during the long break. His dribbling driving snd passing out to open shooters is amazing to watch.

His quick crossover is one of the best on the team, his 3 point shooting looks impressive.

roslolian, saleem, jcmoon and 3 others like this.
  18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

He's definitely a House that has found a home. Our resident dwelling is also on a heck of a nice contract for the organization. Good job, Morey, and an even better job by you, Danuel!

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

House is best when he is the tertiary ballhandler instead of secondary.

Like EGo, I worry when he is dribbling too long.

Reason why Green is so important to team.

jcmoon likes this.
  20. Bobby Jackson Rules

His off the ball movement is what we desperately needed for about 4-5 years.

saleem and hakeem94 like this.