1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I have grown to HATE RUSSELL WESTBRICK

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Anonymous8, Nov 23, 2019.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Progress by losing is not progress to me.

Rockets are top 5 team right now, start losing more and they could fall out of postseason.

Bad time to make such extreme experiments.

2. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

Lol

fckbandwagons and D-rock like this.
  3. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

Westbrick is the worse and we can't win in one thread... We're going to be hard to beat in the playoffs if westbrook plays well in the other thread. Bipolar fans lmao

4. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Anyone who calls him Westbrick isn't really a Rockets fan.

Rocks92, icewill36 and legacygt777 like this.
  5. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Meh... you can't have one without the other. They are two sides of the same coin. There is a reason why he is such a polarizing player. Some nights he will be Bestbrook, in which case fire away. Other nights he will be Westbrick in which he shouldn't shoot, just keep driving.

Sep11ie and RustyHarden like this.
  6. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Even Harden has nights of chunking bricks, but Harden will never be fast like Westbrook, nor give every ounce of his energy the ENTIRE game every game. I appreciate Westbrook.

7. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

you kinda just described every basketball player..............

8. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Harden doesn't have brickfests nearly as consistently as Westbrook does. That's why the highs are super high and the lows are super low when it comes to Brodie. Effort doesn't change that in anyway as that's just how he is as a player. You can appreciate the effort and heart (I do too), but lets not act like the man''s game doesn't swing violently between extremes. The main thing is that when Westbrick side does rear its ugly head that he puts his head down and drives instead of shoots. That said, I will still take him over CP3.

Uhh... no? There is not a single superstar that swings between extremes as much as Westbrook does.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I'm not even going to debate or discuss Westbrook while you insult our own player by calling him Westbrick. If you want to make fun of Curry or somebody not on our team it wouldn't bother me one bit, but Westbrook is a Rocket.

#269 deb4rockets, Dec 21, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
    jcmoon and Hakeemtheking like this.
  10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Harden has way worse swings than any player in the league probably.

When Harden gets irritated he just straight up stops playing basketball in all aspect and just sulks.

Westbrooks behavior is more predictable because no matter how bad he bricks he's still playing with the same effort.

11. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Just curious: did you feel this way when people used Bouncey Whales or Corey Sewer? There is a pretty long history of Rockets fans having names that mock their least favorite Rockets. And Westbrook is especially polarizing because he was one of the top three or so most hated players in the league by most Rockets fans. Some of us are having a hard time adjusting to him becoming a Rocket. If he keeps playing like he has lately he'll eventually win me over but the first 20 games or so he looked so bad I'd have traded him for Bouncey Whales and Corey Sewer.

12. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Absolutely. I don't like name calling and trashing our players ever. Brewer, Melo, Anderson, or anyone. Blame the GM and coach for signing them but don't rag on a guy calling him names when he is doing his best, as bad as it may be. It's on the coach to make rotations.

I don't remember any Bouncey Whales name. Who is that?

jcmoon and Patience like this.
  13. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Bonzi Wells.

14. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Guess I missed all that. I didn't see a lot of Rockets games then when living in Corpus, and I wasn't on Clutch Fans then.

15. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Also James Frauden and Eremy Lin

16. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Good fans don't call our players names. Didn't they learn anything from Rudolph?

BeBreezy likes this.
  17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Rafer trashton, Tracy Mcshady,

ThatBoyNick and hakeem94 like this.
  18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Jerry Lin, Dwight Coward, Milk Hair, T_ones, CP0, and currently BrokeGodTilly

I will officially become a WB fan once he starts shooting a TS% of 55% and has a 2-1 A/TO ratio.

Shooting league-average efficiency and having the baseline respectable assist to turnover ratio is all I'm asking for.

19. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Westbrook has played well like 8 straight games now. It’s clear he and the team have figured something out. Haters, time to go home for good. Y’all on house arrest

D-rock, smp, jcmoon and 2 others like this.
  20. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

The haters just won't go away. They should jump ship and go hate on the Warriors and get out of the Rockets fan forum. Glad I can appreciate Russ and like watching him and James run the show.

smp and jcmoon like this.