1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I don't know if I can get in trouble for this ......

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by CrazyJoeDavola, Jun 18, 2009.

1. CrazyJoeDavola

....but I was sick and tired of having pitiful showers with low-flow shower heads. At first, I thought I had bad water pressure, but I bought a gauge and it turns out, I have above average pressure.

So I took off all the shower heads in my house, and drilled out the low flow gasket on each one. WOW! What a difference! I just had the best shower I have had in years. Felt like a thousand tiny hot needles on my back!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!

I highly recommend. Yeah, I am wasting water, but nothing beats a good, hot, hard shower. In fact, I plan on taking 2 more showers before I go to bed.

If anyone tries this, beware. Don't enlarge the hole too much. I did a little bit at a time till I got the right amount of power.

2. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

given the poster and the topic, I feel like I'm in a Seinfeld episode.

How's my hair?

3. jaykay

jaykay Member

x2, I just saw tha episode yesterday lol.

4. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Did you buy the Yugoslavian elephant shower head?

5. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I was wondering why the water pressure in my neighborhood took a sudden drop today.

6. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

Do you have a link that gives instructions on how to do this. Also if you could show me the type of shower head you bought that would be great.

My water pressure sucks badly and I would love to try doing what you did.

7. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

8. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I reported you. Just doing my job as a good Samaritan.

9. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

I have a Pullman showhead. It has a plastic flow restrictor in it. First thing I do is get a screw driver and pop out the restritor. Anytime I have guests, they ALWAYS comment how nice the shower was.

Did the same at my dad's. Great shower.

Pullman showheads - restrictor. Ah, shower bliss.

10. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

Thats what she...

j/k cool info i will try this out!

Chilcutt

11. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

You can get in trouble, but thankfully DHS does not electronically monitor showerheads. Watch out for that mattress tag though.

12. TexasFight

TexasFight Member

I did this on my master bath showerhead about 3 weeks ago after suffering through 5 years of god-awful water pressure in the shower. I called Rotorooter - who told me my pipes needed to be replaced to get better pressure. That sounded odd to me so I went online and read about "low-flow" showerheads and how a component can be removed to make them "high-flow" showerheads.

Worked like a charm.

And to think that the damn rotorooter plumber almost got me to spend over $2K to replace the pipes when the problem was solved in 15 minutes with some pliers.

13. 111chase111

111chase111 Contributing Member