1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I don't care what anybody says, I STILL BELIEVE

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ROCKET RICH NYC, Dec 18, 1999.

1. ROCKET RICH NYC

ROCKET RICH NYC Contributing Member

I've asked many of my friends close to the Rockets about Charles possibly coming back if there were to be a playoff run. They all tell me that Charles heals a lot faster than most people. While, he may be physically cleared to play realistically in June, Charles had repeatedly said in his career that if he can not perform to a level of what he measures up to, then he would quit. He won't be in game shape by the playoffs and he won't be back period. Sir Charles is done! This team is just working for a paycheck. They don't have the desire or the motivation to win without a leader. It is too much to ask for Francis to become a leader this year. As much as you all hate to hear this, with the exception of maybe 2 or 3 players, the rest of the team is just plain working for a paycheck-including Dream. Dream has lost his desire to win and become a leader. He doesn't even want to take over this team. He rather just sit on the sidelines during HOME games, and not travel with team during away games and collect the rest of his pay which he deserves for the great work and sacrifice he has done for this organization. Quite frankly though, Dream lost his desire to win last year. As much as I hate Pippen, there was some truth to what he said about this organization. No desire to win by Dream or some of the others-except Barkley. Pippen and other players on this team just wanted to get paid. Pippen got what he wanted, and as a result, the other players wanted to get paid too i.e. Mack, Maloney, etc. The players already that got their money didn't care about winning because they got what they wanted. Pippen is not a leader and we all know he has to ride on the coattails of another, which is why he wanted to leave Houston. Portland had an offer to Pippen last year but it wasn't enough. He never really wanted to be here, but he knew Houston was going to give him the money. Also, he knew that other than Charles, that there was nobody on this team to lead them. Lack of discipline on this team was here since last year which carried onto this year.
    Winning sure cures a lot of problems, but after losing a couple of times, the game is no longer fun and it becomes just a job for a paycheck. This where we are today with the Houston Rockets. These players don't care!! Until, this team starts to win, build some confidence and has a floor leader emerge and not appointed, we are in for a long SEASON.
    One more thing...Houston has always been looked as a stepchild in the media when it comes to sports teams and players which is why the Rockets have never receieved respect. Nobody feels sorry for this team outside of Houston and the Rocket fans and as a result, don't expect a player like Steve Francis to get brownie points for Rookie of the Year. With his Vancouver fiasco, being on a losing team, and being in Houston, the media and NBA fans will not give him a chance to be Rookie of the Year.
    Sorry so negative but it makes me sick to my stomach see this team GIVE UP!!! There is nothing Rudy and CD can do. Like I said, with the exception of maybe 2 or 3, these players dont give a D@!N!! Even the city of Houston don't care anymore which makes me even more sick to my stomach that they would vote against a stadium proposal. As a result, the Rockets and Comets could be moving to Baltimore or worse yet Nashville. Yes thats right Nashville!! Ironic to see the Oilers and Rockets in Nashville one day!! Scary thought but don't think Les hasn't been approached . Uggghhh!! I can go on and on but I'll stop venting. I love this team to much. I wish I was back in Houston to slap some people around!! hehehe

2. Francis3

Francis3 Member

3. wattsupdogg

wattsupdogg Member

Getting all that off your chest I hope you feel better and now you go on and have a nice christmas!

4. Big Dogzz

Big Dogzz Member

And why not, the Rockets are right in the thick of things even after their recent 5 game skid. Take a good look at the standings.
    FOR FINAL PLAYOFF SPOT

(8)Denver 11 11 .500 (Games Behind -)
    --------------------------------------------
    (9)Minnesota 7 13 .350 (Games Behind 3)
    (10)Dallas 8 16 .333 (Games Behind 4)
    (11)Houston 7 17 .292 (Games Behind 5)

Now take a good look at the schedules of each team battling for the 8th seed.

Denver: San Antonio, Portland, Vancouver twice, Boston and in January they play Houston twice and the Maverics twice (9 out of 14 are against teams .500 or better).

Minnesota: Dallas, Clevland, Chicago, Seattle, Orlando, Miami, Chicago and in January they play Houston once (11 of 15 teams have .500 or better).

Dallas: Minnesota, Miami, Phoenix, Sacramento, Lakers, Toronto (all .550 and better except Minnesota) and in January they play Denver twice and Houston once (6 of 13 games are against teams .500 or better)

Houston: Boston, Portland, Washington twice, Toronto and Clippers (5 of these 6 at home) and in January they play Dallas once, Denver twice and Minnesota once (8 of 14 are against teams .500 or better).

Now that you've seen this also remember Hakeem is due back in January hopefully. I am not an unrealistic fan but a hopeful one. The Rockets are masters of their own fate (especially in January) and if the Rockets hit their free-throws and play the way they've showed signs of in San Antonio throughout the rest of the season I not only believe we'll make the playoffs but I believe we'll also make some serious noise too.
    ---------------------------------------------

A little aside the topic now to save Clutch the server space.

Quick Questions about CB: Charles Barkley's injury is suppose to take atleast 6 months of rehabilitation. I calculate the rehab to end on May 22. So my question is if the Rockets can make the playoffs and advance would Charles be able to play? If so, would he be allowed to play because of the definite playoff rosters which are set prior to the playoffs?

5. Francis3

Francis3 Member

We could still make the playoffs.. But I dont know.. If we do make the playoffs it will just be a waste because we will lose to any team because we are toooo young. Why dont we just go and play. And see what happens. We lose .. We lose then. Because I rather be in the lottery then going to the playoffs. I know its hard but guys.. Every team goes through this process.

Look at all these surprising teams this year, They went through this process with nothing and they just starting building and getting older and understanding. Rockets right now are a step ahead then starting over. They have young players. This year they are just going to learn how to play together and when next year comes they will go out and get a good young player and hopefully in the future get a big free agent. Then we will be up there again. It takes time.

6. Big Dogzz

Big Dogzz Member

Francis3, I understand that but it doesn't comply with the Rockets goal of rebuilding on the fly.

7. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Do you think we could do anything if we go to the playoffs?