1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I Choose to Stay a Fan

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dandorotik, Jun 4, 2016.

1. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I will always be fan. I might b**** and moan, but I'll always be here to support the Rockets. For now I will only choose not to buy season tickets or merchandise but I'll still follow the team.

2. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Team is dead to me until we have new ownership.

This team will never win another championship with him at the helm.

Luckily Harden isn't very likable or the decision would be harder. If Yao or T-Mac or Hakeem etc. were our stars it would be a tougher decision to make but I would have made it anyways/ The team is dead to me for now.

I wont be running off to any other team and root for them but I'll be waiting patiently for ownership change before I contribute a penny to our franchise.

3. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I admit, I haven't been this pessimistic about this team in a while.

Dwight coming aboard was incredible but losing to Portland and the summer that followed was very concerning. Regardless, I still felt good about our direction and management decisions.

Reaching the WCF with the injuries and team we had was absolutely amazing + getting Ty Lawson was enough for me.

The way this season went, especially when you consider where we left off, has been traumatic.

I can't blame any fan for "losing faith." This must be (a fraction of) how Phoenix fans felt after the Shaq experiment didn't work.

Having said all that...I'll see you guys for Summer League/Olympics

4. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

I totally get that. You can still follow the team, but you don't go out of your way to provide that die-hard support that ownership feels they deserve.

And I agree, it would probably be great to be a Golden State Warriors fan. But most of us will stick with our Lone Star Rockets (geez, how appropriate would that name be if we chose to go the goofy route and name our team after a state nickname?).

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I choose to stay a fan of the team.

6. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

100% with you

7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Most definitely. I don't expect them to listen to me, but I do expect them to recognize the change that was needed with this team. I quite frankly just don't believe in the vision that Les has in regards to winning.

I am a huge Harden fan and although I definitely recognize his shortcomings as a leader and on the defensive end, I still believe we are incredibly lucky to have a player of his caliber playing for our franchise. At least having Harden gives me hope that we can be good team next year. We might not be championship contenders, but I think we the right moves, we can contend to at least advance in the playoffs.

I was a fan of the Dwight signing, but unfortunately it did not work out. I still love Dwight, even after he admitted on dogging it this year, but he still gave us some good years. It definitely could have been better if he just accepted the type of player he is, but unfortunately his ego is way too big to ever admit he sucks as a post player. I definitely think it is a detriment to the team culture to have a player that thinks so highly of himself and it definitely showed this season when he was never willing to buy in.

I believe we can be a good team this year, but I have a hard time supporting the decision of hiring Mike as our coach. I don't think he is an awful coach like the majority of Clutchfans believes he is, but I don't think he is the right coach for this team given the state of our franchise after this awful season. I definitely want to be proven wrong though, because at the end of the day all I am hoping for is that everything works out so I can keep enjoying the Rockets. I been here through the worst of times, so there is no way in hell I'll ever leave. My wife keeps suggesting I follow other more successful teams, but there is no way I'll ever be a fan of any other team. I am from Houston, and I love to represent Houston. I might not be a fan of the owner, but that will never stop me from rooting for this team.

8. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Its not a choice for me. It's a part of me! Choosing a new team is not a possibility. And I wouldn't want it to be!

9. lionaire

lionaire Member

Of course any fan that's been loyal for years won't just completely abandon the team or hop on to another team. It's just been a rough season and people are in their feelings.

10. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

...some folks are just gluttons for punishment...

lol

11. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

Impossible for me not to be a Rockets fan. After 20 years it is etched in my DNA. My great-great grandchildren could be born on Mars, and the first time they see the Rockets on tv they will be rooting for them and they won't even understand why.

12. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

You and me both.

13. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Being a fan is fine, but hold Les accountable for his product.