1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

HUBIE BROWN is a pathetic commentator

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NBAandNFLFan, Apr 18, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

He's faking awful

watched the whole game through root sports

2. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Hubie is great at what he does... He's not a homer or have favorites... He'll praise the 12th man on a team down by 30 if his play justifies it... OP is ridiculous

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

this whiny POS couldn't hide his bias almost every single possession of this game

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Funny you would start this thread. In the other forum, there was a lot of whining about Doris Burke, who I have no problem with. I think some people just don't want to hear a woman talk during NBA games.

Hubie Brown should have given it up 2-3 years ago. Mike Tirico is good but Hubie drags the broadcast down. If ESPN gave Tirico a decent partner, it would be a great team.

I'll give you Hubie is even-handed.

5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I didn't like it when he said towards the end that Stoudemire was doing great, but was getting no calls and that maybe next game, the refs would call it differently. It sounded a lot like he was encouraging the refs to call it even more pro-Mavs in the next games.

6. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Thank God root sports is showing it. I can't deal with that rocket hatred and curry jock riding on ESPN.

7. clos4life

clos4life Member

I kinda like the old man. He is even handed.

8. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Hubie did fine. Amare played better than his stat line indicated. At one point, it seemed like the Mavs were literally running their offense through him, and for a guy at the downside of his career and who hasnt done anything of significance in some time, I think you had to be surprised that he played as large a role in the game as he did.

9. NickKent

NickKent Member

He's actually one of the better commentators

10. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

hes bad - he has no idea what is happening on the court - he needs to go away

11. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

You guys are crazy. Hubie is one of the best.

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

"if you're dallas, you just have to hope that next game maybe you'll get the calls"

all nite long when a rocket made a positive play: "well, that's unfortunate"

when dallas made a shot: "see, now you're only down 7 and you know that you are getting good looks against houston"

13. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

He's good & most importantly he's lucky for us, I can't remember the last game we have lost when he was on a mic. Every big game on National TV this year was ours when he was on a job

14. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Hubie is the worst in the business, old and senile

Doris actually watches a lot of basketball and knows what she is talking about more than almost anyone else. Most of these guys seem like they only watch the games they work on

15. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

Seriously, people defending him. You didn't hear him say after Brewer / Harden made a shot in the 4th: "That's okay, you're only down 10" and every possession says something about Mavs as if it's a Mavs broadcast??

16. thejav

thejav Member

How this zombie still has a job is beyond me..

17. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Hubie always rides the team behind, he's the greatest underdog cheer squad in commentating history

18. IgotNext

IgotNext Member

Hubie was praising mavs.... and saying harden basically gets bs calls to get to the line.

Op is not ridiculous. ... I can see where he is coming from

19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

when dallas briefly took the lead he was having a post menopausal orgasm

1 person likes this.
  20. nolenium

nolenium Member

Except that the reffing was pretty even-handed. Remove the home goggles. Dwight probably shouldn't have thrown Nowitzky to the ground for foul #4...