1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How Yao moved me like few players I've ever coached

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dandorotik, Sep 8, 2016.

1. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

JVG is just the best. He's so loyal to those who have done good by him.

:grin:

2. underrated015

underrated015 Member

3. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/T0Ve5j7w26I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. SunsRocketsfan

You just described 98% of the players in the league. I guess that's why Yao was so awesome and why JVG is spot on in his essay.

5. Caesar

Caesar Member

My eyes got watery as i read that. Yao will always be my second favorite Rocket ever. What a great player and an even better person. Still hurts to think about all the years without Yao. He's still only turning 36 and it feels like a lifetime ago when his career was winding down with injuries. Yao would have been absolutely dominant in the 90s, 80s, 70s, 60s or 50s but he came into the league as the NBA was shifting toward perimeter players and killing off the big man game. He still put up great numbers despite it. I miss the big fella!

Congratulations Yao!

6. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

JVG: "Yao moved me...TO A BIGGER HOUSE!"

7. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

sounds like you've grown to hate james frauden!!

8. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

What a moving tribute by Jeff Van Gundy. Yao was so damn good and was a better person. I am so glad we were able to have him on the Rockets.

9. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

That's exactly how I feel.

10. TISNF

TISNF Member

Seemed more like vague criticisms of Tmac, Pippen and to an extent Harden and Hakeem.

Hakeem did demand a trade before the championships.

11. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

i really wish hakeem never left us for the raptors. yao isn't my favorite player or my favorite rocket by any means but at least he retired a rocket and never left.

12. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

can you ever not think of lin or mcgrady? i swear every post you make is related to these two LOL

stop it already, you bring your cancer to every thread

13. lalala902102001

Great article. I wish we got more years out of Yao but I'm thankful that we've had him on our team. Congratulations on your HOF induction Yao!