1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How Would You Guys rebuild the Rockets this Summer 16.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Mar 23, 2016.

1. rockets13champs

Lets say the rockets do terrible this upcoming stretch and end up with the 9th seed. We get to keep our lotto pick and get to stop this heart breaking season. James Harden and Dwight walk into the summer finishing the most stressful season they ever played. Jason Terry upset leaves the city of Houston and thanks the fans for a great 2 seasons, even though we collapsed the 2nd year he was here.
    July 1st comes along and Dwight finally opts out of his contract he goes and sits in Colorado again in a locked cabin by himself deciding where he should go.
    The Knicks throw a max at dwight either offering Robin Lopez in a sign and trade or having a seperate deal to open up cap space.
    Dwight also gets less than the Max from Boston
    he gets other offers from: Charlotte, Milwuakee, Chicago, Phoenix, Brooklyn, Orlando
    Dwight Cuts his options down to: NY, Brooklyn, Orlando, Milwaukee, Boston. He wants to be showcased for his talent so he goes to New York wanting to play in the triangle which he wanted to play in while he was in Los Angeles but never got the chance to.
    Dwight joins the Knicks at the Max
    the 2016-2017 Knicks look like
    Dwight
    Porzingis
    Melo
    Courtney Lee
    Rajon Rondo
    With Knicks fans in a frenzy excited for the season.
    The rockets landing robin lopez in a sign and trade for dwight they look to send him away in a 3 team sign and trade and acquire some more picks, so they can play Clint at the 5. In the draft they land Skal Labessiere 6-11 F/C who has potential in the league but judging at how raw he is he will spend most of the year in the dleague. Also the Rockets pick up another stud in Gary Payton II in round 2.
    The rockets trade away Brewer, Lose Terry to the Mavs who will either retire there or play one more season with them, lose smith. Now the rockets with alot of cap space will chase Harrison Barnes the perfect stretch four with Harden. They will give barnes the max and with the Warriors waiting out on KD they will lose Barnes in a simmilar way the rockets lost Parsons. Yes the Black Falcon will wear Red. Rockets look to add players who can make their own shot and will commit to defense by adding Kent Bazemore, Jaryd Bayless, and Mirza Teletovic. The rocket match any offer to Donatas Motiejunas because his value is very low due to his injury concerns. Terrence Jones signs with Phoenix and the rockets refuse to match.
    We end up with a team that looks like this
    C Capela/Skal
    PF Barnes/Motiejunas/Beasley/Montrez
    SF Ariza/Dekker/Mirza
    SG Harden/Bazemore/KJ McDaniels/Gary Payton
    PG Beverley/Bayless
    GP and Skal will end up playing most of the year in Dleague and Montrez will end up playing big mins.
    This team fits the current NBA style we have better guys who fit our system. we are Probably the 5 seed in the west looking to improve. Knicks look like the 2nd best team in the East with dwight and rondo additions.

So my Question is if you were Gm how would you retool the rockets and bring us back to glory days?

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Clutchfans dream targets consists of the names "Durant", "Horford" and "Conley".

CF offseason plans:
    Let Howard walk
    Sign Durant & Horford
    Hire Thibodeau
    ???
    PROFIT! WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!

3. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Get rid of Harden and his historically bad defense and turnovers come the most critical games ever. Are we on the same page?

4. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I would keep Beasley, Harden, Capela, and DMO (For the right price). I would fire JB as soon as the offseason started. I would go after Durant first and I would promise him his pick of coach. I would stop the silly no mid range shot BS. If we failed to get Durant or other stars I would just go for cheap guys who were above average shooters and could learn good team defense. The team would be young and fast paced with great shooters and it would stay that way until we found more stars other than Harden.

5. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

This yes this!!!:grin:

Someone please explain to me what makes Barnes worth the max? What does he give you that Beasley doesn't? And why is whatever that is worth $20m per?:confused:

6. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Oh God... It's spreading, lol.

7. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

i'm all-in on the crazy train - go get boogie

8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

With players that exhibit leadership, character, and talent in that order of importance.

9. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Get Thibodeaux..... Get Barnes... Trade Ariza... Draft Tyler Unis... Bring Turbo back (demote Clutch)

1 person likes this.
  10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Feel bad for those getting their hopes up for big time free agents. I really do.

11. ibm

ibm Member

in your dreams.

we had kyle lowry...

12. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Make harden play only his position. He is not a point guard. Unless he takes it on and learn point guard skills. Like not turning the ball over. It's ineffective!

13. ibm

ibm Member

get thibs
    get lebron
    get ad
    get kd
    get boogie
    get cp3

... to help harden win...

oh did i mention strippers?

14. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

As long as we get rid of Terry, Howard, SEWER, and, Jones I will be a happy camper.

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The players that have value

Stars: Harden
    Key Cogs: Maybe Beasley or Dmo
    Pure Role Players: Beverly. Ariza.

So those 5 have value. The rest of the team is scrubs and completely expendable. Dmo is a question mark because of his back and lack of toughness. Beasley...well, who knows if he can play D.

You need another star - that much is clear. The question is if Harden knows that and can share the spotlight. One season of being mediocre may not have done that. Who knows where his head is at.

And you need another key cog.

That gets you to 7 guys. So after that, a couple of key role players would be a back-up point guard, and another decent big man.

Your scrubs could be capela, harrell, terry, and probably another guard.

That's a lot. This team is far from contention.

16. abaker28

abaker28 Member

17. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

hmmm, Dwight walks. Terry walks. TJ walks, Brewer and Ariza got traded away.

Rox signs Mike Conley, Harrison Barnes and Al Horford. Trades for Jaokim Noah.

18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Tell Morey to stay at his doughnut shop permanently .

19. underrated015

underrated015 Member

I'll take that . Don't see Durant coming.

20. highlander3128

I'm with you.