1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How do you guys think Hakeem feels about..

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Liberon, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

his Nigerian country men being synonymous with scams? Example is "I would like to inform you that her royal highness has selected you to win 1 billion pounds" This transaction requires a minimum $10k cash money order to this account however. There is no time left, do it now.

Dateline and 20/20 literally have a series of shows based on Nigerian scam artists that its become a fixed stereotype and when I hear that accent, I'm like ****ing scumbag mother****er...

How do you think the Dream feels about this and what is he doing to curb it?

2. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

He doesn't care one bit, and he shouldn't. Once you have over 25 million you become a part of the international elite with no real national affiliation. He does reside in Jordan (or Turkey) and call himself a Muslim.. so his affiliation is purely spiritual and that which his monetary assets are tied to. Just like 50 cent and rapper Jay Z don't give two ****s about the hood once they make it out of there.

/thread

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Why would Hakeem care? I almost got my ps3 scammed by a Nigerian on eBay though. It was damn close to happening.

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I suspect the Dream would not like your prejudicial attitude at all

Rocket River

5. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

How do you know he was a Nigerian?

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It isn't Hakeem's job to curb everything a Nigerian does. I'm sure since Hakeem is upset about injustice he doesn't like anyone scamming whether or not they are Nigerian.

Are you from the U.S.? If so, what are you doing to stop massive U.S. money laundering, and supporting of the international drug trade by U.S. drug users?

7. conquistador#11

He would say the same thing he'd say to Sam, "give boll to big man! "

8. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

F Nigerians. They are extremely racist..towards American black people. They can get right the eff out.

9. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

the Dream asks "How does my @$$ taste?"

10. 3Rings

3Rings Contributing Member

Wow. Dream is just a nickname. Why stop at the Nigerian scams. Why don't we get him to do something about world peace and hunger?

11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know but I got a call from him yesterday saying he needs my help to transfer $10 million out of a bank in Lagos. He's going to route it through my bank account and for my help he is going to let me keep $1 million!

I just emailed him my account number but after the transaction is over I will ask him what he thinks of Nigerian scammers.
    ;)

12. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

When I was traveling around West Africa, Nigerians were stereotyped as being thieves by enough Africans for me to notice. I once heard this exchange in Ghana:

*man accuses woman of taking something*
    woman: "I am NOT Nigerian!"

I think the reputation existed before the internet scams existed. ;)

13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I was supposed to mail it to Nigeria.

14. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Dude is from a coastal country in West Africa and played college and pro ball in a confederate state, I think he compartmentalizes well enough.

15. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Particularly in predominantly white environments, this is just dumb and wrong on so many levels.

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

In one convo with a cab driver, upon discovering he was Nigerian, I asked him what he thought about Dream. He called the Dream a foolish child. The Dream was a fool to him because Hakeem never came back to Nigeria and "gave back" to their homeland. So to the cab driver, Hakeem turned his back on them and never looked back.

17. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

70% of prescription drugs in Nigeria are counterfeit. LOL

18. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Lol, I deleted like 67 emails in which I won at least 5 million pounds each. It's so funny as well broken English and all..

19. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

Let me guess...the cab driver works in the US?

20. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Hakeem loves Nigeria so much that he became an American citizen