1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hillary Invites Mother Of Michael Brown, Convenience Store Robber And Attempted Cop Murderer, To Spe

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RocketsLegend, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

2. val_modus

val_modus Member

Pretty low of you to say this...

Will we seeing your mother there as well then?

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe, if I attack a cop and get shot in the process....then again, I may not have the right skin color to "matter".

4. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I been everywhere, man.
    I base it on years of examining and cross examining officers, most often about their interactions with minorities, and on examining and cross examining those same minorities with regard to their interactions with officers. I'm betting that gives me a pretty large sample size in comparison to most people's anecdotal accounts of how they personally have been treated by police.
    Zero? Zero dumb.
    No, I have a factual perspective on race and justice issues. I choose not to see justice to the lens of minority victimhood, but rather look at what actually happens. It is why I knew what the outcome of the Zimmerman case would be and explained all of the legal reasoning behind it while some people are still saying he was stalked and murdered.
    I happen to believe that private enterprises should have freedom of association. I know for a fact that banks can save themselves a lot of money by red lining. I think they should be allowed to do so if they so choose. The law say differently, and thus if the banks are caught there can be a legal remedy.
    It is effectively impossible to determine the numbers of people "abused" by the police, as far more often than not you are into he said she said territory. Beyond that, you have incidents where everyone is in agreement on what happened (for example the Sandra Bland incident that was on video) but people disagree about whether abuse occurred (again in the Bland incident, I found no abuse, others disagree).
    The DOJ couldn't find anything to go after Wilson for, so they turned their attention to Ferguson as a whole. The report is largely based on disparate impact analysis (interesting that you take no issue with the DOJ forming their opinion almost exclusively based on their paper pushing interaction with police), and in terms of direct evidence of discriminatory intent they rely on seven specifically quoted off color joke emails (though they allege more exists, presumably less inflammatory emails of a similar character). For another example of racial bias, they proved that the court staff dismissed traffic tickets for important people in the community (mayor's friend, family member of a judge, etc.) That would be evidence of corruption certainly, but racial bias? The number one factor that I would guess led to the DOJ finding racial abuse in Ferguson was probably that there was a national story and rioting about Wilson not being indicted.
    It isn't that police brutality of minorities is a myth, it is that police brutality in general is WAY overstated, that the racially discriminatory nature of police brutality is somewhat overstated, and that the combination of those factors mean that black people saying things like "Stop killing us!" as though there is a holocaust being carried out against black people by American law enforcement is hysteria driven by media manipulation. Again, cops murdering you should be far down your list of worries, down with weather, swimming pools, choking, bees, etc.

1 person likes this.
  5. val_modus

val_modus Member

Yet again, the party of integrity and God shows their class.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's hilarious that you think you know which party I support. I guess it's just yet another example of the binary thinking of simple minded individuals.

On top of that, nothing I said was inaccurate.....and you know it.

7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Good for you!

Still, Hillary Clinton championed the policies that emboldened this police culture. This is on record and I'm not really interested in your passive aggressive comments about it.