1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

HD Video Question

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by CrazyJoeDavola, Dec 2, 2009.

1. CrazyJoeDavola

I bought an internal SATA blue-ray player for my home computer, which is in my kitchen. I have already wired sound from my kitchen computer to the 2 rooms in my house that have surround sound. I am looking to now have the ability to hook up video from my home computer to my 2 rooms using this adapter:

http://cgi.ebay.com/HDMI-DVI-VIDEO-...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item19b6e476e9

Question is this: Has anyone used an adapter like this? Will there be any loss of signal quality? Would there be any loss of quality playing a blue-ray disc in my computer and hooking up the video output to my TV vs. using a stand alone blue-ray player like most do?

TIA for any input that any of you may have.

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

3. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member

i haven't used the monster version, but i have used both gefen and kramer hdmi over cat5 extenders... they were both finicky, but when they worked the video looked good.